oh, no you didnt

Ally got up early, happy and excited. Today was going to be great. Jake was taking her somewhere special today. Aaron was going to tell Avalon how he felt. At least she thought. She went to Avalons room to find her crying. Avalon filled her in. Ally angrily grabbed a pillow and started attacking her with it.
"GO DOWN THERE AND TAKE HIM BACK!" She demanded.
"I wanted to when he left but... I've lost him." She cried. "I go down there and tell him to forget everything I said and what? Look like I can't make up my mind? I can't deal with long distance, Ally. I just can't."

***

"Ok, what's bothering you." Jake asked as they walked through the beautiful palace garden. Ally explained. "Thats why Aaron wasnt at breakfast. She screwed up. No one's even seen him today."
"I just don't know how to help." Ally felt a need to say something but, what?
"You can't. Don't worry Ally. It'll work out."
"How can you be so sure?" She frowned, not as convinced. Jake grabbed her hand.
"Cause it worked out for us." He grinned. She started to too. "Love you."
"Love you too." She said back and they peck each other's lips.

***

2 days later, Aaron still wasn't showing up for meals. Maids tried bringing him food but he never even went out to get it.
"I'm starting to get worried." Aarons birth mom says. "I tried asking what's wrong but, he won't tell me. Says I'll just make it worse."
"This is my fault." Avalon speaks up. She asked the Maids to make a trey of food and gave it to Avalon. Avalon went up to his room and with one hand holding the trey, she knocked on the door.
"I said, go away!" He groweled from behind the door.
"Aaron, it's me." She says and waits for a response. He didn't say anything. "Aaron, open the door. You need to eat and the trey is getting hot." He was silent. "Are you seriously that pissed that you'll starve yourself-" just as she said that, he opened the door. He looked like a mess. Dirty pajamas, unbrushed hair. He even hadn't shaved his face for a while which gave him a oddly attractive 5 o'clock shadow. Avalon snapped out of it and held out the trey. He took it.
"Thank you."
"Am I bringing your food every meal? Is that what needs to happen?" She snapped. He didn't reply. "I never wanted this! I wanted to be with you! I wanted YOU." She spills. "Please Don't make it harder than it needs to be." She said and walked away. Instead of going back to dinner, she went to walk around and clear her head. On her walk, she saw a small bench near a little water fountain. She sat on it and stared in the water to see little coins.
"Care to make a wish?" An old woman in her eighties sits next to Avalon and holds out a coin. "You can wish anything you want, and it will come true." Her smile was bright and wrinkled. "All pain and sorrow can be gone! It is, after all, a wishing well. Course, not all appreciate it's gift." She shrugs.
"I can wish anything?" She was very tempted.
"Oh, yes child! Any thing you desire!" The old woman handed her the coin and closed Avalons hands around it. "Just close your eyes, wish, and throw it in." The woman let go. Avalon knew it wasnt true. No wishing fountain coukd have a cure all but, out of anger, Avalon wishes selfishly, I wish Ally and Aaron wernt royalty and no world but ours existed.

***

Avalon woke to her alarm clock in her old living room of the one bedroom apartment. She looked around, dazed and confused. She was just at the castle. What happened? Why was she here?

Ally texted her.

Hey, want Jake and I to give you a lift to school?

Sure.

Avalon texted back and got ready with her old routine. She got her bag and went out to see them in a truck. She got in the back seat.
"Hey sleepy head! Where were you last night?"
"What?"
"We had cheerleading practice and you ditched! Sarah is going to kill you!"
"Isn't that the bitchy head cheerleader you're always talking about?"
"Yeah. She wants everything to be perfect for Fridays home game and SOMEONE ditched."
"Right. Her! You know she's dating Aaron now?"
"Again?" Ally gave Jake a wide eyed look.
"Yeah, I heard she's pregnant." Jake grinned evily.
"No way!" Ally laughed. Avalon sat there in complete horror. What the hell was going on!