Glee Club

(Rachel's P.O.V)
I was very excited that my father would now be the Glee Club director instead of that Sandy Ryerson. Everyone knows that if my dad is the Glee Club director then I will get the solos that I truly deserve. I know that I may have caused Sandy Ryerson to be fired but honestly a man like that should not be running the Glee Club. I mean the way he caressed Hank like that. It's just sickening. I'm not homophobic if that is what you are believing because my brother Blaine is gay and I couldn't be more thrilled. Mostly because he has better fashion sense than me and can help me pick out my clothes but anyways, back to the Glee Club. Glee Club may be uncool at William McKinley High but Glee Club is special and I believe that if you are a part of something special that makes you special.
(Cut to auditorium during Glee Club tryouts)
"Hello I'm Rachel Schuester and I will be singing On My Way from the seminal Broadway classic, Les Miserables.

On my own
Pretending he's beside me
All alone
I walk with him till morning
Without him
I feel his arms around me
And when I lose my way I close my eyes
And he has found me

(Cut to Rachel in the hallway singing while staring passionately at Finn Slyvester)

In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight
And all I see is him and me forever and forever

(Cut back to auditorium stage)

And I know it's only in my mind
That I'm talking to myself and not to him
And although I know that he is blind
Still I say there's a way for us

(Cut back to hallway)

I love him
But when the night is over
He is gone,
The river's just a river
Without him,
The world around me changes
The trees are bare and everywhere
The streets are full of strangers...

(Cut back to auditorium stage)

I love him
But every day I'm learning
All my life,
I've only been pretending
Without me,
His world will go on turning
A world that's full of happiness
That I have never known

(Cut back to hallway)

I love him...

(Cut back to auditorium stage)

I love him...

(Cut back to hallway)

I love him...

(Cut back to auditorium stage)

But only on my own...

I felt tears start to form in my eyes but I pushed them back as my dad started clapping his hands. "Great job Rachel." He said. "I keep you posted." I took a bow before walking off the stage. When I went backstage, I got evil glares from the others trying out. One was a black girl by the name Mercedes Jones, who sang R.E.S.P.E.C.T by Aretha Franklin. The next was a scrawny boy in a wheelchair with glasses named Artie Abrams who sang Pony by Ginuwine. The third was a goth Asian girl with a stutter named Tina Cohen Chang who sang I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry. The last was the one and only Kurt Slyvester, who sang Mr. Cellophane from the Broadway classic, Chicago. I must say he does have good taste but I wonder how his mother, Coach Sue Slyvester, feels about him joining Glee Club. "Wow, what an impressive performance." Kurt said, sarcastically. "Thanks." I said, sweetly. "It's great that you auditioned even though your mother has some harsh feelings toward Glee Club." Kurt gave me a sweet smile. "Well I didn't tell her." Kurt said. "Well you probably won't have to since she will see your name posted under who made the Glee Club since you did so well I'm sure you will make it." I said, sashaying off. I noticed just before I left that Kurt's eyes got wide with fear. I felt bad but at the same time felt a hint of satisfaction withhold me.