Weston's Mate

When Night Falls Chapter 15:

Weston's Mate (Lyric's Pov)

I was nervous to got to the party with my new makeover. Avery and Aubrey removed my blue hair, taking me back to my natural blonde. They added a little makeup and a bathing suit and I turned a lot of heads. Before I had even made it down the stairs, I had got three numbers. Avery and Aubrey smiled at their progress but I wouldn't be satisfied until I saw the look on Kai's face. We enter the party to hear loud music blasting. Standing by the stereo was Kai and the guys. Kai was looking especially sexy even though he was dressed plainly. His muscles were popping out through his tee and you could see his eight pack clearly. I was ready to rip his shirt off but I gained my composure. Kai was the first to notice me then the rest of the heads followed. Avery and Aubrey made it over there before me and Leighton did. They were already talking to them when we walked over.

"Guys, Meet Lyric" Avery says. Kai's eyes bulged out of his head. Chris's jaw drops. Weston whistles and Calvin lets out a breath.

"Lyric?!" He yells, shocked and surprised. I smirk at him.

"Hello, Kai." I say, politely.

"Uhh, Kai, I think I found my mate." All heads whip towards Weston.

"Who? Where?" Chris asks.

"It's Leighton" He says when Kai growls before shooting him in the pools. Leighton eyes flutter at the sound of being Weston's mate then she takes a look at her surroundings and she grabs Kai, trying to calm him down. Weston's head bobs, surfacing to the top. Everyone is laughing as they put their drinks up for Weston.

"Chill out, Kai. It's not his fault." Chris says, grabbing Kai. Kai growls low before calming down. Kevin helps Weston out of the pool and someone throws him a towel.

"You can't. That's my little sister." Kai snarls.

"Kaison Michael Connors" A voice

Boomed. He look and see Demetrius standing there with his arms crossed.

"Leighton is almost 18 years old. She is not that little plus it's not his choice. Fate decides for you." He says, walking over to us. Kai looked over at Demetrius, scared because he had used his whole name.

"I'm sorry, uncle. He took control." Kai says. I knew he was talking about his wolf. He patted Weston on the back.

"Welcome to family, nephew." He says. He ushers for Kai to follow him and they leave out of the pool room.

"Well then, I guess it's time to party" Chris says, as he picks up Avery and shoots her in the pool.

"Christopher!" She screams. We all start laughing. Weston picks Leighton up smothering her with kisses. Leighton starts giggling as they walk to the VIP section.

(Weston's Pov)

As soon as Leighton and Lyric walked over, I could smell my mate. My wolf took over me taking in her scent. My mate was my best friend's little sister. Oh shit. Kai was gonna kill me. My wolf knew she was mine. All mine. I couldn't let anyone have her. I couldn't mark her and make her officially mine until her 18th birthday when she would recognize me as her mate. Guy wolfs take longer to complete their shifts then girls. We needed a extra year to develop. As soon as I uttered Leighton's name, I went head first into the pool. Kai had always been overprotective over his sister. I could understand how he was feeling. He told me never to even look at her because she was off limits. I bubbled to the surface of the pool and everyone lifted their red cups to me. I shook my head as Kevin helped me out of the pool and somebody shoots me a red and gray towel. i use it to dry of as much of the water as I can. Then Demetrius walks in booming out Kai's whole name. Kai head immediately whips up towards his uncle. Kai apologizes, saying his wolf took over for a second. He leaves with Demetrius and I waste no time scooping Leighton up in my arms. She smiles at me and I plant little kisses all over her. She giggles as I carry her off into the VIP section. God, I couldn't wait to mark her and mate with her to make her officially mine. Only three weeks and counting to go until she turned 18.