The Flashback Story (2/2)

When Night Falls Chapter 19:

The Flashback Story Part 2

(1991)

Keran stood up and made his way in front of Mr. Fitz.

"Mr. Fitz, Please tell the consul your side of the story." Keran says. Mr. Fitz adjusted his glasses before speaking.

"I was out for some fresh air because I couldn't sleep and as I was walking I saw a man sneak out of a broken window Mr. Christophe's house. I started yelling at the man and he just ran really fast and out of sight. I tried to run after him but my arthritis stops me from doing such. So I approached Mr. Christopher's door and knocked numerous times before the Luna answered the door. I asked if anything had been strange or if she heard any noise but she said she didn't. I was about to leave when her son, Luke ran into the room and said the window was broken. The Luna panicked and started knocking on the Alpha's door but she got not answer. Then she opened the door and she collapsed onto the floor in tears." Mr. Fitz, finished. The Judge shuffled a bit.

"I want to see the Luna" He said. Keran shook his head.

"The Luna is in no position to talk. She just found out her husband and mate is dead and that she is with child." Keran said. The consul starts murmuring and the Judge's eyes widened.

"Was the Alpha aware of this before his dead?" Again, Keran sadly shook his head no.

"I'm afraid not, Your honor. I reckon she found out a few days ago. She is only 4 weeks. She is in not position to appear in front of the consul at this time." Something in Avion's heart shattered. He had killed the Alpha before he even knew of his unborn child. Avion looked at Barbados, who showed no emotion at all. He looked away from him and back to Keran and a tight lipped Luke who was watching him.

"Okay, Mr Christophe. You may take a seat while the defense begins their questioning. Keran sits next to Luke as Barbados stands.

"Mr. Fitz, Are you positive that Avion Connors is the man that you saw sneaking out of Mr. Christophe or are you guessing that it was him?" Barbados asks.

"I am positive that it was Mr. Connors." He stated, flatly. Barbados chuckled.

"But that is not what you told, Mr Christophe. You told Mr. Christophe that you saw a tall man, with shaggy brown hair, did you not?" He asked.

"Yes but-"

"So how did you come to the conclusion that it was Mr. Connors?"

"Mr. Christophe said that there was only one person that it could have been. Now that I see Mr. Connors, he looks exactly like the man I saw." He says.

"No no, Mr Fitz, you saw who Mr. Christophe wanted you to see. There are more than a million tall men with shaggy brown hair in this world, were you aware of this, Mr. Fitz?" Barbados asks.

"Yes I know but-"

"So out of this million men, you decide to pick out Mr. Connors as the man you saw?!" Barbados yells. Mr. Fitz starts to get flustered.

"He was the man I saw, I am sure of it!" Mr. Fitz yells back.

"Mr. Fitz, are you also aware that it three in the morning and that it was pitch black outside?"

"Of course-"

"How is your vision, Mr. Fitz?" Barbados pressures on.

"Good-"

"Now before you lie, John remember that you are in fact under oath." Barbados says using his first name.

"Well, it's okay" Mr. Fitz corrects. Barbados paces in front of the consul.

"Just okay? Mr. Fitz, it is three o'clock in the morning and it is pitch black outside and you spot Mr. Connors sneaking out of Mr. Christophe's house and your vision is just okay?" Barbados yells louder.

"Mr. Christophe said It had to be him! He said you have been trying to take down there pack for years but he couldn't blame you because you have no hair so he said it had to be your faithful servant!" Mr. Fitz shouts.

"But you did not in fact see my client sneaking out of the house of Mr. Christophe now did you Mr. Fitz?!"

"No, I didn't!" Mr. Fitz shouts then breaks out crying.

"No further questions, Your Honor." Barbados says and sits back down calmly.

"Mr. Christophe, please remove you blubbering witness from the stands." The Judge said, disgusted from the whole scene. Keran removes Mr. Fitz as a guard escorts him out of the room.

"Do have any more witnesses before the consul reaches a verdict?" The Judge asks Keran. Keran shakes his head.

"Okay time to vote. All in favor of convicting Avion Connors the death sentence?" The Judge asks. Five members raised there hands.

"All in favor of clearing Avion Connors on all charges?" Nineteen jurors raised their hands including Avion's Grandfather.

"Avion Connors is hereby cleared on the charge of murder and is free to go." The Judge said, Slamming the hammer down. Avion felt a relief rush over him followed by happiness. Xena, His mom and dad ran over to him, hugging him and crying. He kissed Xena and rubbed her stomach. He would be able to see the birth of his first son. Demetrius knew better. He knew it wasn't over when he saw the glares of the members of the Blue Blood pack at Avion.

"This isn't over and you know it, Barbados" Demetrius snarled. Barbados put an hand on his shoulder.

"Relax. I know this. I will do everything in my power to protect your family." He says but Demetrius knew he was lying. He pushed Barbados's hand of his shoulder.

"Well all know you are not a man of your word, Barbados. Why pretend?" Demetrius says. Barbados clicks his briefcase closed and looks at Demetrius.

"Are you questioning my honor, Demetrius?" He asks.

"There are no questions to be asked when you have no honor. Let it be known that if anything happens to my brother or his family, I will find you and kill you myself." Demetrius says. Barbados gives him a smile before walking out of the courtroom.

"Demetrius" Avion calls.

"Yes brother?" He asks, walking over to his family who were standing around Avion with red rimmed eyes.

"Let's go home."

(Present day)

"You threatened an Alpha, Uncle?" I asks, shocked. Demetrius smiles.

"I was not scared of Barbados." He says.

"So how does my dad die if he wasn't convicted?" I say.

"Well here comes the hard part, Kai. Luke didn't know this but his mother, the Luna had a son three years before the trial happened except it wasn't the Alpha's, it was your father's." Demetrius says. Kai shakes his head.

"No, My father would never cheat on My mother" He says.

"This was before your father met your mother. He was only sixteen at the time. He had slept with the Luna and she got pregnant. She never told anyone that it wasn't Alpha's but Avion knew. She told him it was his but it would be better if she said it was Alpha's. Avion agreed. After the baby was born, it was sent to be raised by the Luna's mother and father. Avion never told anyone but me so now I tell you that somewhere out there is your half brother."