The Flashback Story (1/2)

When Night Falls Chapter 18:

The Flashback Story Part 1

(19 years ago)

"Avion Connors, How do you plead?" asked The judge of the werewolf court.

Avion was a very handsome man. He was tall, had a strong upper body, brown messy hair that flew all across his circle shaped face, landing into his Carmel colored eyes. He was perfectly tan from living in Texas most of his life and he pearly white teeth and a good family background. His dad was the beta of the Manamouri pack, the most strongest pure blood werewolf pack in the USA. The Alpha who's family had been running the pack since his birth was named Barbados. That hadn't always been his name but once you were made Alpha, you needed a stronger name. His name, as Avion had once remembered from when he was young had been Alan. That was the past now and things had changed. After Barbados's father died from a horrible murder, Barbados was next in line to take over the pack. He was probably about as old as his dad by now if not younger. Avion remembered when he was a kid and his dad was great friends with his father but after his death, Barbados grew up cold and hating everything. He was never the same again. Around this time, Avion was around 19 years old and he was married to the love of his life, Xena, who was happily pregnant with there soon to be son, Kaison. They had been married three years when they had mated and had been insuperable ever since. Xena was only the most beautiful mate a guy could ask for and he loved her. Xena sat now in the back of the court room snuffling an crying while rubbing her seven month pregnant belly. Avion's Mom, Dad and Brother sat there too. Avion's brother, Demetrius was older than Avion by three years and he knew all about Barbados and how he played. He had warned Avion what was going to happen but he didn't listen. Avion wanted to keep Barbados in his good gracious for as long as possible because upsetting the leader in there pack meant consequences you didn't wanna face. Demetrius refused to follow any of Barbados's orders and tried to leave the pack but their dad wouldn't let them. They were pureblood's and were meant to be in the strongest pack because their bloodline was like rare gold. There are only five lines of pureblood's left and they were were all in this pack. The Connors, of course, The Flynn's (Which were Xena's Parents), Andersen's( An old blood line dated back from the 1800's), The King's ( Who were actually royalty at one point) and The Lyons( Who was Barbados family). Barbados joined them together from all over the world. He said pureblood's were a rare kind and they needed to stay together. Barbados despised Half Bloods or even worse which were the Turned (also called Orins) which meant humans turned Werwolf. He believed their strong breed of animal should not be scarred by werewolf's mating with filthy creatures like the humans. Of course, Barbados was a very persuasive man so they followed him and joined his pack.

"Mr. Connors I asked you a question. How to you plead on the charge of murder of an Alpha ?" The Judge asked, raising his voice. Avion looked up from underneath his messy strands of brown hair. He was nervous but why should he be? He wasn't as nervous while he was cutting off the head of the Alpha of the Blue Blood pack.

"Not Guilty." He stated, blandly. He stood there in front of the judge and the consul of 24. They looked at him disgusted, shifting in their black suits and giving him dirty looks. All were the same except one which was his grandfather, Harlan. He had been made part of the consul when Avion was young. He was too smart to be in a pack anymore is what they heard and he had been around for too long. There he sat giving Avion a small, but reassuring smile but Avion felt it was forced. Even if his grandfather didn't vote to convict him there were 23 left to deal with. There was no way Avion was making it outta here without a death sentence.

"You may take a seat, Mr. Connors. Who will be representing, Connors?" The judge asked reviewing the papers of the case.

"I will your honor" A voice said from the entrance of the court room. All heads turn to see a bald man no taller than 6'0 standing at the doorway. He had the Manamouri pack symbol tattooed on the back of his neck and a long scar going down his right arm. He wore jeans, boots and a t-shirt. He was a little underdressed but it sure it wouldn't matter when they saw who it was.