Chapter 2: New Aura

A/N: SECOND CHAPTER, HERE WE GO!!!

Oh, please tell me what you think of this story so far.  

Vote if you like! Comment if you think it needs improvement, which I seriously think it needs.

*****

Chapter 2: New Aura

Kuroko ran. He ran as hard as he could. All the way from the back exit of Maji Burger, through the streets, and throughout the whole town. He ran and ran.

The words kept echoing in his head.

"Kuroko is weak! With him on the bench, we'll stand a better chance!"

"He's so weak that you could die!"

"He sucks. Like really! I've never actually seen him play well at anything accept passing."

The voices won't stop. They just kept coming.

"He's a weak player, who just uses magic tricks on a court where you're supposed to be strong physically."

"He should have quit a long time."

He somehow ended up at an empty basketball court. It was dark, and no one was around. He looked up the night sky. The moon and stars were covered by dark clouds, showing that it was about to rain.

Finally, the tears started flowing. They kept coming and won't stop. He leaned against hoop stand as he cried. He never thought he could feel this feeling. Never had he thought he could feel this hurt. He never thought that those he had called his friends could betray him this badly.

The rain started, but the tears didn't stop. He was on the ground, wet from the rain, his head still against the pole.

Just then, he felt someone sit down next to him. He didn't care who it was, and ignored the person.

"Here," a person held a handkerchief in front of him. "Not that it'll be much help." The voice was a girl's. He thought it was Momoi-chan at first, until he saw a hint of long red hair that was tied up in a pony-tail.

He turned his head away from the stranger, closing his eyes.

"You know, you should just cry it all out. I know you're not done yet. It's best to cry in the rain, because no one will see the tears," the stranger said.

"What do you want?" he mumbled.

"Nothing," she answered. "I just... I just didn't want to see another person cry alone."

He didn't answer to that.

"So go on, keep crying till you're done," she said.

He didn't know who this stranger was. He didn't know why he did it, but at that time, he didn't care. He leaned towards the stranger, and then cried it all out with his head on her shoulder.

He cried and bawled till he could cry no more.

He felt her warmth as she leaned her head against his. Then he felt something warm and hot fall his cheeks too. She was crying too. He didn't know why, and he didn't have the strength to ask.

They just sat there in the rain, leaning against each other for warmth.

*****

"Are you feeling better now?" he heard her voice again.

".....Yeah."

"Do you still want to cry some more?"

"..... No."