Chapter 15: Third Quarter

A/N: THIRD QUARTER!!!! Here we go!

~~~~~

Chapter 15: Third Quarter

And the Third Quarter begins!

Midorima did the throw in, and Akashi looked at the guy standing in front of him. Yukine. They had a member change, and Kazuto was back in the game, which only dampens their plans for more three pointers.

But then again, that only puts Katatsura out. The one standing in front of him wasn't half bad, but Katatsura was better.

"Geez! Tatsura has been marking this guy? There's so much pressure from this guy!" Yukine thought.

"Yukine!" he turned and passed over to Yato. Twin Blades! They passed from one side to the other, in fast repetition, and scored a point!

"Look at that! They scored the first points!" the crowd cheered.

58-67, though with the GOM in the lead.

Aomine did the throw in, and Kise caught the ball. He was up against Yato, but it was soon over as he passed with Aomine's speed. Then he passed over to Midorima.

Midorima shot the ball. But Kazuto was there, and he blocked the ball again. "Tch. He's back," Midorima thought.

"Nice!" Brett yelled as he caught the ball, passed it to Tetsuya who curved the ball to Yato, and he dunked it.

Midorima really didn't like that kind of block. He didn't like it when a shoot that he knows he won't miss, gets block just as it is about to enter the hoop. He looked over to Kuroko. Who knew he could come up with that?

Another thing though. Kuroko hasn't made any other moves than passing. His misdirection was already starting to wear out. He wouldn't last the whole match. So, why was he still here?

The game resume, and Aomine had the ball. Just then Brett was in front of him. One-on-one!

"I'm going to stop you this time. I don't care if you're a prodigy. I'm going to stop you," Brett said.

"Good, that's how it's supposed to be!" Aomine smiled as he went left. Brett followed, but Aomine cut back, and went to right. But Brett also followed. And then Aomine twisted to the side, and past right through.

He was about to shoot, again, when... Brett appeared by his side, and blocked his formless shot!

Yukine got the ball, and Yukine did another borderline in front of Muraskaibara, and Yato made the shot.

"Three baskets in a row!"

Aomine was smirking at Brett. "Looks like I've found another person who I can go all out against!"

Aomine immediately got back his point in the next play. And the next as well.

"Looks like this guy stepped it up again! Seriously, how can he keep getting faster and faster?" Brett thought.

Aomine then did an alley-oop with Kise, and dunked it.

"They've taken the points back! It's back to 11 points difference!"

62-73. 8 minutes and 23 seconds left to third quarter.

Throw in by Yukine, and Tetsuya ignite pass kai past Midorima to Brett, who dunked it right over Murasakibara.

"Alright!" Brett exclaimed, while Murasakibara looked annoyed.

Then Akashi did the throw in, and Kise got in, shooting a three! Midorima's High Projectile Three! Perfect Copy!