Drunk

I made my way out of Maggie's cell after saying goodnight to her and Glenn. I'd spent the rest of my evening with them because Carl told me he wasn't feeling well and went to sleep earlier than normal. We have separate cells, but we more than often sleep in the same one so I was continuing my walk down to his.

I've been dating Carl for a little over a year, and we've been best friends since the whole thing started and we were a part of the same group.

I strolled into his cell to see his body facing toward the wall, assuming he was asleep. I grabbed the shirt he let me sleep in and began to change, discarding me dirty clothes in a pile on the floor. It was summer so I looked for the pair of shorts I usually wore, but was confused when I noticed they weren't in the same place as the shirt.

I searched around for a while, hoping to find them scattered around the cell but had no luck.

I shrugged and climbed onto the bed anyway, realising Carl was still fully clothed and not what he sleeps in.

I heard quiet giggling as he rolled over to face me.

"What's up with you?" I asked, a small laugh escaping my lips.

"Nothing, I just love youuu" he sang happily, planting a sloppy kiss on my cheek.

I caught a smell of his breath after he moved away from my cheek, and scrunched my face up slightly. All I could smell was liquor.

I sighed and placed my hand on his cheek.

"Carl have you been drinking?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Yup." He replied, popping the 'p'.

"Why?" I questioned him.
"Because I was bored and this is fun." He giggled like a 2 year old and began prodding my stomach and amusing himself more.

I stood up from the bed and held my hand out to him. He gladly took it and stood up next to me.

"Where are we going?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Nowhere," I giggled. "You need to change your clothes. It's probably gonna be warm again, and you can't sleep in your jeans."

"Ohhh. Wanna undress me?" He wiggles his eyebrows at me as he spoke, causing me to laugh more.

"I'm sure you can do that yourself," I chuckled.

"But babe," he whined, pouting his lip.
I huffed slightly before taking off his flannel and tossing it with my own clothes. He held his arms above his head to help and I lifted up his shirt.

He unbuckled his jeans himself, kicking them off his legs as I tossed him a pair of shorts to wear. I felt a pair of arms slither around my waist, hanging onto me loosely.

"Where did you even find stuff to drink?" I leaned my head back so it rested on his shoulder, as he shifted to lean his body weight on me.

"Daryl. Don't tell him I took it though, he'll shoot me." He sniggered.

I turned around and rolled my eyes at him, and he took the opportunity to engulf me in a warm hug. We held each other for a while, before Carl yawned loudly in my ear.

"I wanna sleep." He whispered tiredly.
"Then let's sleep." I smiled, standing on my tiptoes to kiss his forehead. Letting go of my body, Carl headed toward the bed, but failed to notice his jeans that were still carelessly strewn across the floor, sending him crashing to the ground landing in a heap.

As his girlfriend I should've been more concerned, but I couldn't help but laugh at his adorableness as he laid on the floor, joining in with my laughter.

"Oh Carl," I finally spoke when I had stopped laughing, and offered him my hand.

Instead, he dragged me down onto the floor with him, so I landed on top of his bare chest. He was beginning to sober up a little.

"You look better in my shirts than I do." He commented, fumbling with the hem on it.

"Hmm I'm not to sure about that." He smirked at me, before kissing me quickly but tenderly and held my face close to his.

"As much as I love you Carl I don't wanna sleep on the floor,"

"I wanna sleep with you," he winked suggestively.

"Carl." Rick's voice came from the doorway. "Go to sleep. Now." Rick raised an eyebrow at the two of us, before turning and exiting. I looked at Carl's face to see his cheeks bright red from realising his father had heard what he said.

We both climbed into the bed and laid facing each other. I moved uncomfortably, before pulling my shorts out from underneath me. I looked at them confused as to how they had got there. Carl giggled slowly before explaining.

"I thought it would be funny to hide them from you. Actually, I found it hilarious when you were looking for them earlier."

My face showed an unimpressed look which Carl ignored, pulling me into his chest.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Even when you're drunk."