Funny

15. "My eyes are covered."
17. "You little shit!"

"Come on, you gotta admit that it's kind of funny." I reasoned, smirking at Carl and biting back a smile.

"Really? You'd think it was funny if you had walker guts all over you?" He responded, giving me a disapproving look as I continued to chuckle.

"Maybe not as funny as I find this, but still." I replied, his unamused face making it harder not to laugh at him.

"I'll believe that when I see it." He spoke with a knowing tone of voice, raising an eyebrow.

"I need to change." I rolled my eyes,  realising I did feel a little gross from the run we had just returned from.

"You say that but you're not the one covered in walker blood." Carl laughed, gesturing to his shirt and grimacing a little.

"Okay, maybe you need to change too." I laughed as we bounded up the steps to the house, a light mood showing after a successful run.

"I think you're right." He agreed, opening to door for me and holding it so I could enter.

"I'll be back." I grinned before I turned to head up the stairs, bounding along the hallway to my room.

I kicked off my shoes and discarded them, doing the same with my jacket as I shrugged it off. I glanced around my room to try and find the shirt I had changed out of this morning, unable to find it and wondering where it was. My feet padded against the floor as I made my way to the bathroom, immediately seeing the shirt strewn across the floor, along with another pair of pants.

I pulled my jeans off leaving my legs bare, doing the same and lifting the shirt over my head when I heard the creaking of the door. I turned quickly to find Carl stood there with a sheepish grin on his face, finding my shocked expression amusing.

"You little shit!" I exclaimed grabbing the other shirt from the floor and pulling it over my head quickly, giving me some coverage.

"I don't think you can say I'm little if I'm taller than you are." He teased, clearing enjoying my surprise at seeing him there.

"That's what you choose to say?!" I partly scolded, his laughter egging me on to be more frustrated.

"My eyes are covered." Carl raised his hands to his eyes and peered through his fingers, chuckling at me.

"Were you seriously just watching me change?" I asked as I pulled the pants on, raising an eyebrow at him as a blush graced his cheeks.

"No..." he trailed off, leaning back against the door frame a little and stuffing his hands in his pockets, "you just happened to not be wearing anything when I got here."

I couldn't help but let a small smile appear at his cheeky grin, but I quickly suppressed it and folded my arms over my chest.

"This is not funny." I stated, raising both of my eyebrows and biting on my lip to stop a smirk from forming on my face.

"You remember earlier, when you thought this," he paused, gesturing to the shirt which was still stained with the remains of a walker, "was funny and I didn't? I'm pretty sure you understand why I didn't laugh now the situation is switched." He grinned and spoke matter of factly, making me suspicious that he'd done this on purpose to prove some kind of point.

"This is completely different." I pointed out, not following his logic.

"Well, earlier something embarrassing happened to me, and now, something embarrassing has happened to you. You see how it's not as funny when it happens to you?" He answered smugly, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Did you plan this just to prove me wrong?" I huffed, unfolding my arms and letting them drop to my sides lightly. 

"I only wanted to take a shower. It just worked out pretty well for me that you were stood in here half naked, and it helped with the conversation we were having earlier." Carl pointed out triumphantly, laughing even more when I stalked past him swiftly, avoiding more of the conversation.

Carl slid into the seat next to me at dinner, Rick, Michonne and Judith all seated around the table too. We hadn't spoken to one another since earlier, and I was still a little annoyed about my interruption whilst changing. Carl and I would have joking arguments all the time, and my favourite part was watching him try and work his way back into my good books after he realised he was bored of teasing. I was wondering when this would be, because frankly, I was tired of waiting for him to grovel for my forgiveness.

"You're a little quiet Y/N, is everything okay?" Michonne questioned as we all ate, but Carl jumped in before I could answer.

"There may have been an incident earlier that I'm sure Y/N is still embarrassed about." He added with joy, so obviously loving to make me feel awkward. But two could play at that game.

"Oh yeah? What happened?" Rick lifted an eyebrow and seemed intrigued by his son's words, so I took the opportunity to make Carl feel even more awkward than I did.

"I caught Carl watching me change." I stated bluntly, leaning back in my chair and crossing my arms over my chest, witnessing Carl's face turn redder than I thought was possible.

"What?" Michonne asked before bursting into laughter, Rick soon joining her. Even Judith let out a few little giggles, although she probably didn't understand what was so funny.

"That's not what happened!" Carl interjected, attempting to defend himself but without success.

"I'm struggling to see why Y/N should be the embarrassed one." Michonne answered between laughs, making Carl sigh in a defensive manor.

"Okay, do we need to have a serious conversation about why you shouldn't do that Carl?" Rick chuckled, receiving a glare from Carl.

"I didn't watch her on purpose. I accidentally walked in whilst she was changing." He explained, putting emphasis on the word 'accidentally' to try and convince them that's what it was.

"Sure..." I smirked devilishly at Carl, who shot me a playful glare back as I wasn't helping the situation.

"Will you stop?" He gave me his best apologetic face and attempted to make me feel sorry for him, although it didn't work that well.

"I don't think you said sorry yet." I shrugged, waiting for him to get the hint.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. But I think you've had your revenge because I have a feeling that they won't let this go for a while." He laughed slightly, beginning to see the funny side of it all.

"I forgive you. And I hope they don't, because I'm really enjoying this." I giggled, Rick and Michonne still laughing quietly as they took part in their own conversation.

"I'm sure you are."