Shameless

I don't wanna hurt you but you live for the pain

I'm not tryna say it but it's what you became

You want me to fix you but it's never enough  

That's why you always call me cause you're scared to be loved

/Shameless - The Weeknd/

Janes POV

After we watched them walk upstairs, I grew confused. Somehow this whole situation with us could only be described by the word confusing. I didn't have the right to make needless assumptions about them being together or Nick hiding her from us, neither did I want such thoughts to reach my mind.

I knew the right thing was to just wait for one of them to tell me. Otherwise I'd only make the situation worse. Besides I had to be there for Jack. This was getting to him and I could sense it.

"Did you finish eating?" I asked, as I picked up mine and his plate without waiting for the answer and placing them in the dishwasher.

"We're going to sleep, guys. In case you need anything, you know where my room is," I said to the group, taking Jack by the hand and leading him upstairs.

Instead of going to our rooms, I sneaked our way out of the house, going to a place I knew would make him feel better. I had discovered that there was a basketball court in the backyard a while ago, when I was simply bored and decided to check all places in the house.

Jack sighed, "I thought we were going to sleep," indicating he wanted to be left alone, not in the mood for this.

I walked over to the balls, taking one of them and starting to play, dribbling it for a few times and then making a clear shot through the net, then I ran over to the same ball, throwing straight in Jacks arms.

"I challenge you," I smirked, knowing he could never resist a challenge, not when it came to basketball.. Or Elena.

I could see the corner of his mouth move upwards a little, "I hate you."

After 30 minutes of playing, now drenching wet from the sweat, I had lost to him by 4 points, I believe it wasn't more, because he was being nice to me. I mean, come on, he was the best player in our university, in fact one of the best in the country for his age,there was no way I could get more than 3 points playing against him, but I had gotten 16.

We laid down on the ground, breathing heavily and staring up at the black sky, decorated with little twinkling shiny dots, which we referred to as stars.

"It's the worst decision I have made in a while - doing sports in denim shorts and a blouse. This is so far from comfortable," I touched the shorts, knowing they were damp from the sweating, "besides you have no idea what kind of a struggle it will be to get out of them."

He laughed at my sad excuse of trying to make him think about what we all knew he was thinking about. 

"It probably won't help," I said, "however, I don't think there's anything between them. It's far too absurd to even think about."

"You're right," he smiled, laughing, "it really doesn't help." 

I punched his arm, laughing: "you're such an idiot sometimes."

"Anyways," he got sat up, staring at me over his shoulder, "who are the people? How come I have never met them?"

"You know, the usual, friends," I sat up too, "they're my colleagues from the part time job I have back in the UK."