Chapter 1- Pune to Mumbai

My alarm wakes me up from deep slumber. I off the alarm half asleep and try to continue my sleep but remember that I have a flight to catch in less than an hour. Getting up from bed is the most difficult thing to do every morning but, today is different because unlike every day, I don't have to go to work. Instead I'm going to the city of dreams- Mumbai for the very first time and I'm gonna meet my best friend after like months! I open the wardrobe and pick the first things I find and rush to the bathroom.

I reach the airport and notice my flight is delayed by an hour. Damn! I could have slept for an extra hour. I collect my boarding pass, buy some breakfast and take a seat in the waiting lounge.

I start to think how life has changed in the last few months. It has been 2 months since I have moved to Pune for my job. Things were very different back when I was in Hyderabad. All I did then was go to college, hangout with friends, study when there were exams and chill otherwise but, now I live my life on my own in my lonely 1bhk flat. I am a shy person, not at all comfortable around strangers and don't speak much but once I get to know the other person I speak about anything and everything. I like to be independent just as much as I love being around my loved ones. And the worst part of living alone is having to do all the household chores on my own. How I miss my mom!...And my friends! I go home in the weekends or do all the cleaning and stuff. My life has become so boring. All I do at work is wait for the weekend so that I can go to my parents and my three best friends Tamanna, Neha and Saanvi and today I'm gonna meet my other best friend Harshad, his ex-girlfriend Maya and her boyfriend Vikram. Yeah, I know it is weird. Harsh(Harshad) has moved to Mumbai a month before I moved to Pune. He stays with his ex girlfriend's boyfriend and is very good friends with both of them. I didn't understand how it was possible when I first knew about it, but now that I know him better than anyone else I find it normal and don't feel awkward around them like I used to.

Harsh is three years older than me and is like family. I met him in a charity event which he was organising and we became very good friends. He stayed in the city all alone as his parents passed away when he was young and his sister stays in Mumbai. My family became his family and my friends became his friends.

I had feelings for him but I knew that he is not ready to be in a relationship knowing how hard his breakup was with his long term girlfriend Maya. He thinks that love gives only pain and he is better off without any of these complications. I kept my feelings to myself, because I didn't want to lose a friend and didn't want him to lose family.

I get out of my train of thoughts as I hear an announcement of my flight and pick my belongings and head towards the terminal.

Harsh was waiting for me at the airport with his ever charming smile. As I reach him he engulfs me in a hug. It has been so long, I didn't want to let go. I feel safe and at home with him.

"Finally you are here!" says Harsh taking the luggage from my hand.

"Yes, and you better make this trip memorable."

"Sure. We are gonna have lot of fun tonight."

Hey People,

This is my first ever story I'm writing so please bear with me.

I'm not an aspiring writer or interested in writing. I love reading stories on wattpad and I had this idea in mind so I thought why not put it down. I don't know if anyone is interested in this story but putting down my thoughts give me satisfaction.

I'm not yet sure about my writing style. It may change in the coming chapters.

Please comment and let me know what you think of my story. Constructive criticism is most welcome.

And please vote if you like the chapter.