Chapter 9 - The difference

We have decided to meet every weekend possible. This weekend also I've come to Mumbai. Harsh has been complaining that I'm not coming to meet him so I'm staying at his place. I feel like I'm intruding into Vikram and Maya's personal space that is why I don't prefer staying at their place when I'm in the city.

I have dinner plans with Sid. And again he has planned everything and I don't have any clue what the plan is. He comes to pick me up at sharp 8 p.m. He is very gentlemanly when it comes to dates. He is waiting for me outside the building, leaning on his car. I can't describe in words how good he is looking. I just want to keep staring at his.

"Hi" He says when I near him.

"Hi. Looking good." This time I compliment him first.

"Really?" He looks at himself. Is that even a valid question.

"Yes. Why do you even doubt?" He scratches his head in response and I laugh.

"You look gorgeous, as always." He says while opening the door for me as always. I'm wearing a pair of dark blue jeans and a simple black top.

It again is a good restaurant. We enter the place and are directed to our table when someone calls Sid.

We turn to look and there is a group of four people, two boys and two girls walking towards us. The girls look like there are made to be models. Perfect figure and perfect attitude, caked up makeup.

Sid greets each one of them with a hug. He must know them very well. "Ananya, meet Rohan, Sonal, Priya, Ishaan. My first friends in Mumbai. We struggled together to enter the industry."

"And we are still struggling" laughs the guy who Sid introduced as Rohan. He has a decent height, not as tall as Sid and has a light stubble.

"And guys, this is Ananya. My girlfriend." I turn to look at Sid in reflex. This is the first time he referred to me as his girlfriend.

I come out of my thoughts and greet his friends. The two girls are clearly not happy to know that I'm Sid's girlfriend. They make faces at me. I just smile and ignore.

"Why don't you guys join us." The guy called Ishaan says. He seems like a good guy.

Sid looks at me for an answer. "Sure" I say.

I'm barely getting used to Sid. So when he pulls out the chair he's standing behind and gestures for me to sit, I feel very awkward. It doesn't help that one of the girls is glaring at me. I look underdressed before them.

"Ananaya. Come. Sit." Sid says.

I take the seat and the girls don't stop glaring at me.

The waiter comes to the table and Sid's friends order drinks of their choice.

"Sid, why you not drinking? It's Saturday night!" Asks the girl who I think Sid introduced as Sonal.

"Actually, I stopped drinking." Says Sid

"What?! You used to be the one making people chug shots at every party!" Says Ishaan

"Sid, remember that night? When we got so drunk, we started making out at that club in Versova? Then the bouncers threw us out." Sonal says laughing and placing her hand on Sid.

At this point Sid seems very uncomfortable. Sonal keeps looking at me slyly. All his other friends also look uncomfortable and are giving me awkward looks. I didn't need to know this information! It seems like they both had a history but now I'm not concerned about what once happened in his life. Especially, his past relationships.