Chapter 1: The Vanishing of Will Byers

My feet were beginning to tire out. At any moment my legs would come from underneath each other and I'd give up. But Eleven had a tight grip on my hand. We've been walking for hours and my body couldn't take much more of it.

I was hungry and tired and I'm sure Eleven was too. The dusty old hospital gown scratched against my skin like nails on a chalkboard every time I took one step. Not to mention it was shredded in certain areas so it wasn't much help.

I couldn't help but look down to the small 015 written down on my arm. The black ink curved in the numbers and I could never find myself trying to get rid of it.

Eleven has the same number in her arm on the exact same spot as mine. The only problem was, her hair was shaved completely off.

Eleven had telekinesis. That's what I heard papa say anyway. They took her hair off for a reason that I still don't understand. I cant understand much for that matter.

I don't even know my name. I was always called Fifteen so that's what I assumed my name was. I never had a childhood and until right now, I've never been outside. My vocabulary is little to none as I don't know many words.

Although, Papa says I have concilium. I'm able to control the mind. Even though I work with my brain, I'm not very smart or never had my hair shaved off. I always preferred to have it down my back. My hair was brown and quite boring if you ask me 

I don't use my power often. I prefer not to. Only on people who are meanies and bullies. But I've never met one personally.

Soon enough me and Eleven stopped in our tracks. I look up to find a small lake with a bunch of wood on it. Attached was a white building. A man came out with a black bag of the unknown and thrown it in a metal cylinder put on the lid and walked back inside. 

Eleven looked at me with confusion and soon enough we both found ourselves walking towards this white building. As we neared the wooden door I turn back to Eleven once more. She slowly nodded her head with a tint of a smile.

The door creaked open as I pushed the door at a slow pace. I hesitantly walked in and felt my bare dirty feet hit the cold floor. Eleven followed me in and she locked her hand into mine again.

I could hear the small sound of music and people chattering in the back. Eleven held a finger up to her lips to let me know to be quite. I nodded and continued to walk forward.

Everything was knew. A bunch of shelves held tins and a door leading to who knows where. I continued to walk towards the door with Eleven right on my trail. I turned to the corner slowly to see a silver kitchen empty. 

A small window separated the kitchen as to what looked like a small diner. Eleven shrugged her shoulders at me and continued on walking. 

Past the window was the man I had just seen before filling up a cup with brown liquid in a small jar. He was tall and burly with a white apron on.

"Alright then, one more" He announced as he walked towards another table. He filled they're glasses and they soon started a conversation. Me and Eleven peeped are head around the corner to watch them.

We walked back towards the kitchen where the sound of bubbling was prominent. Everything was either grey and silver as me and Eleven looked around. I seen her stare at a small basket full of potato chips. 

She signalled me to come over to her and soon enough we tried to shove as many as we could in our mouths. The taste was magnificent. It's probably because I haven't eaten in a while.

I kept looking up to check if we were gonna get caught but he seemed to be in a new conversation. I focused more on chewing at this point. Eleven and I kept our head down trying to eat as much as we could.