Chapter 11: Reuniting

I don't even know what to write here. I can't explain how I'm feeling. Because I don't feel anything. 5 days later, and I still can't believe that Phil is gone. I haven't talked to him so I have no idea how he's doing or where he's at. I also have no idea how Sarah's doing or if she is even with Phil.

I didn't feel good about snapping at Phil like that. I didn't feel relieved or happy. I felt worse about myself and I honestly wouldn't blame Phil if he chose to never talk to me again. I'm worried about him and Sarah. This is definetly the worse thing I have ever done. At this point, I don't really care about YouTube or what our fans think. I just want Phil back.

I was sitting in my room, crying on and off, when I heard my phone go buzz, buzz.

I looked down and saw a text message from Sarah. I quickly unlocked my phone and opened it.

"Hey," it said.

"Hey, are you okay? How's Phil? Is he okay? Are you with him?" I asked worried as ever.

"Yes, okay, yes, and yes," she answered. That means she's with Phil and they're both alright! Thank God.

"Did you guys make up? How did he find you? Where are you now?" I frantically typed.

I was looking at those three dots in the chat bubble for what felt like forever. Then she finally responded with,

"I stayed in a hotel after I left the apartment. Turns out that we were both staying in the same hotel. I went down to get some ice, and I ran into Phil. We went back to his room to talk, and he told me how horrible he felt about everything. He told me none of this was my fault, it was all his. He said he wanted nothing more but to just apologize to you and start over. I wanted to do the same. He gave me my ring back and we're still at the hotel. You two need to just talk by yourselves. I can tell you feel just as bad about this as he does. We're at the hotel that's a few blocks away from the apartment. He's in room 241."

I got up, grabbed my jacket, my phone, my shoes, and ran out of that apartment as fast as Sonic. I ran to that hotel. I ran about 8 blocks, which was by far the most exercise I have ever done in my life. I got to the hotel, ran up the flight of stairs, and found room 241. I didn't stop knocking on the door until Phil opened it.

"Da-," he began. I ran up to him and hugged him as tight as I possibly could. He hugged me back, and we both started to cry.

"I'M SO SORRY PHIL!" I shouted. "I NEED YOU! I NEED YOU SO MUCH MORE THAN I EVER NEEDED ANYTHING! I'M TRULY HAPPY FOR YOU AND SARAH! I'M SORRY FOR ACTING LIKE A JEALOUS TWAT! I LOVE YOU PHIL!"

I just told Phil I loved him. It obviously meant so much more than he knew. In that moment, all of my emotions that I've been feeling-the hate, the jealousy, the sadness-have all been replaced with love.

"I'M SO SORRY TOO DAN!" Phil shouted back. "THIS WAS ALL MY FAULT! I HAVEN'T BEEN A GOOD FRIEND LATELY, AND I SHOULD'VE TOLD YOU ABOUT EVERYTHING SOONER! MEETING YOU WAS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME! I'M SORRY, I LOVE YOU TOO DAN!"

Sarah must've heard us shouting from down the hall because she walked in and said,

"Aw! Let me join!" She joined us in the hugging, loving, and crying mess that we were all in.

After reuniting for about an hour, I felt great. This moment was everything. I felt alive and happy. But my feelings for Phil started to flare up again. I could look at Sarah, with friendly love. But after that fight with Phil, I felt more attracted to him than ever. I thought it was okay though. I mean, nothing huge was going to happen that would make me want to run away from the world again any time soon, right?

Wow, I really need to stop predicting stuff because I'm ALWAYS WRONG.

"Dan," Phil said. "I said I would tell you everything as soon as possible. Well, while Sarah and I were talking last night, we decided on a wedding date!"

"Oh that's awesome!" I said. "So when is it? July? August? Next year?"

"No, silly!" Sarah chuckled. "We're getting married on January 30! Phil's birthday!"

"Woah, what?!" I exclaimed. "That's only 25 days away!"

"We know," Phil said excitedly. "But we want to get married as soon as possible!"

"And we thought about it, and we decided to wait to buy a house. We aren't planning on having a family until a little way down the road," Sarah stated.

"So can we move back in?" Phil asked giving me a smile of hope and joy.

"Yes, yes!" I said. "Of course you can move back in! I'm so happy for you guys!"

"Yipee!" Phil shouted. He gave me a huge hug and went to go get his bags.

"Dan, can I talk to you in the hallway?" Sarah whispered to me.

"No," I whispered back. "There's no need to. I'm perfectly fine. Really."

She smiled at me, gave me a hug, and said, "I'm so proud of you, Daniel." Then she went to get her bags.

When they both finished packing, we all walked back to our apartment. As we were walking, Phil turned to me and asked,

"Dan? Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," I replied. "Anything."

"Would you be my best man?" he asked smiling at me.

I gave him a little smirk back and said, "Yes! Of course Phil!"

He smiled and gave Sarah a kiss on the lips.

"I can't wait to call you mine forever," he told her.

"I can't wait to be Mrs. Phil Lester," she smiled.

I watched them walk in front of me, holding hands, and smiling like they just swallowed a canary. I wasn't completely sure how I felt about all of this. I was happy. I was happy that I had my best friend back. I was happy that he had his fiancee back. But like I mentioned before, my feelings for Phil were coming back. How would you feel if your best friend was getting married? You would obviously be very happy and excited for them. But what if you were in love with them? You would feel confused, and a little hurt. You would feel guilty because you don't want to feel this way and ruin everything, but you can't help it. You want to feel better. You want to move on. But something is holding you back.

I thought that the sooner Phil got married, then the sooner my feelings for him would disappear.

*Insert a loud 'Incorrect' buzzer going off here*