Chapter 13: The Final Confession

Today was Phil's wedding day. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe that my best friend was getting married! He couldn't have chosen a better or sweeter girl than Sarah. I was feeling pretty sentimental. After knowing Phil for so long, I couldn't be more proud than to be his best man at his wedding. I felt special, proud, and glad.

I walked over to Phil's dressing room and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" he called.

I walked in and thought that he looked great. He was wearing a black tuxedo with a black tie.

"Wow Phil," I said. "You look quite snazzy."

"Thanks Dan," he laughed. "I'm pretty nervous though."

"Don't be," I said. "Sarah loves you, and you love her. Nothing will ever change that." Nothing except for myself.

"Yeah you're right," he confidently smiled. "I hope Dil likes his new stepmom."

I laughed. "I'll see you at the alter!" I said as I left.

Next, I went to go see Sarah. As I entered her dressing room, she was absolutely breathtaking. Her white dress was big and poofy, and she had her hair in a beautiful French braid. She had winged eyeliner on with bright red lipstick.

"Wow," I said completely speechless. "You look amazing."

"Thank you," she smiled. "You don't look too bad yourself."

All I was wearing was a black suit with a black bowtie. I looked like nothing compared to her. But I just said, "Thanks."

"I can't believe this is happening," she said starting to tear up.

"Hey don't cry!" I said giving her a hug. "This is a big deal, but you're going to look so beautiful walking down that aisle. Everyone is going to be so stunned and speechless."

"Thanks for always being there for Phil and I," she said. "This is all because of you Dan."

For once, I felt good being the cause of something. By letting her stay with Phil, I allowed this to happen. Even by fighting with Phil, I let them get closer and decide to get married right now. I felt so proud and thankful for all of this.

"Dan? Are you in here?" I heard someone call. I turned around and it was Phil.

"Ahh!" he screamed. "I'm not supposed to see you before the wedding! It's bad luck!"

Sarah walked over to him and held his hands.

"It's okay," she said. "I think we've been through enough bad luck already."

"Yeah," Phil said. "You look so beautiful."

They kissed and I said,

"Let's get you two married."

There were a lot of people at the wedding. Our fans were going crazy on Twitter, and they were saying, "AW CONGRATS PHIL!" and "I NEED PICTURES ASAP!" Everyone was happy and full of joy. The wedding was so beautiful and elegant. There were some snowflakes hanging from the ceiling since it was still technically Winter, grey and white lights everywhere, white and yellow daisies, and everyone looked so pretty and spiffy.

I was standing at the alter next to Phil while we were waiting for Sarah to come walking down the aisle. All of our family and friends were there, even Sarah's relatives flew in from Chicago.

All of a sudden, we heard "Here Comes The Bride" playing on the organ. Everyone stood up and faced the door. Sarah came walking in, with her arms locked with her father's. Everyone's breath was taken away by her outstanding beauty.