Waste The Night

When we got up to the room, I neatly folded all of my clothes and my belongings and placed them in my duffel bag ready to go. Michael was sitting on the edge of my bed, fiddling with my guitar. He adjusted the capo and started playing the opening chords of 'Waste the Night'. He began singing the opening verse.

The taste in your tongue, oh

The smoke in your lungs and I

And I need your love

The salt on your skin

Is pulling me in

And I need your love

I sat down on the floor facing him, and began to sing back the next set of lines.

I don't wanna say goodbye to another night

And watch you walk away

And I don't wanna let it burn in the city lights

And make the same mistakes, this time

I don't wanna waste it, don't wanna waste it

I don't wanna waste it, don't wanna waste tonight.

I looked at Michael and laughed, tumbling backwards onto the floor. I got back up and snatched my guitar out of his hands.

"I'm gonna go play my guitar in the lobby. Anyone want to come? I'm not letting this night go to waste. If you can catch the pun in there, then you're smart." I laughed, running out the door.

Michael ran up beside me, and grabbed my hand.

"You are one special girl, you know that? I can't wait to spoil you back home and introduce you to my family. They know we adopted Mackenzie but you'll be 18 in a few weeks so technically you're an adult and it's legal for us to be together."

I let go of his hand and ran off down the hallway making him chase me. The elevator doors were just opening so I bolted in and pressed the 'close door' button, hoping to make him wait. The door shut just as he was approaching the elevator waiting area. I laughed in his face as the door completely shut. When I got down to the lobby he was down there waiting for me, which completely confused me. I laughed at him, walking around the lobby to find a good spot to sit and get set up. I started picking at the strings of my guitar while deciding what song to play first. I ended up playing '21 Guns' by Green Day. It was one of my favorite songs to play on the guitar.

Do you know what's worth fighting for?

When it's not worth dying for?

Does it take your breath away?

And you feel yourself suffocating

Does the pain weigh out the pride?

And you look for a place to hide

Did someone break your heart inside?

You're in ruins

When I looked up from being in the zone, I saw a lot of people sitting around me and Mikey listening. I looked over and heard a drum beat as well; Ashton had joined us and was using the Cajon drum box that he somehow brought with him over to the US. I smiled at the boys and kept playing. There was a shoebox on the table in front of us that had change in it. People were actually giving us tips for performing. I don't know if it was because they know who Ash and Mikey were, or if they just genuinely enjoyed the music. Mackenzie and JoJo and a few other girls from the dance competition were sitting around singing along to every song that was played. We played about 5 more songs and took suggestions from the group of people sitting around us. It finally started getting late and the small crowd we had, was getting smaller by the second. We said goodnight to everyone and went back upstairs to the room. Mackenzie claimed the big bed by the window and Michael and I claimed the bed by the wall. I had laid out my pajamas on the bed earlier in the evening so I could just wear them on the plane. Snagging my pajamas off the bed, I walked into the bathroom to go change when I was stopped.

"You can change out here. I won't look, I promise." Michael said, winking.

I glared at him and then gave in, "Fine. Turn around and face the wall. No peeking!"

I unzipped my boots, setting them on the ground next to the bed. My dress and tights were the next to come off leaving me in just my bra and underwear. I heard snickering coming from behind me. It wasn't my sister's innocent little snickers, they were coming from Michael. I ignored the giggles and quickly threw my pajamas on. It was really just a pair of sweatpants and one of Michael's t-shirts that I may or may not have taken from his bag. After pulling down the blankets, I climbed onto the bed and made myself comfortable. The bed bounced as he threw himself onto the mattress, making his way closer to me.

"You look pretty good with no clothes on. Not trying to be creepy." He whispered in my ear, making me turn around to lightly slap his face.

"Nice try. You're not so bad yourself." I giggled.

I huddled myself under the blankets a little bit farther and looked into Michael's deep green eyes. His eyes started to flutter closed as he drifted into a deep sleep and lips were slightly parted. I leaned in and placed a light kiss on his lips, whispering goodnight.