Ch3 - Hotel Stays and Discoveries

As the van drove down the highway, we started to open up to the boys a little bit more. Michael's phone started ringing, and when he answered, Luke and Calum's voice came through the speakers of the van.

"Hey guys. Where are you?" Luke asked.

"We just went to an event at one of the group homes in the area. We picked up a few strays that I think you'll enjoy," Michael said looking back at us winking.

"What do you mean strays? Like cats?"

"No Cal, humans. 2 girls, their names are Mackenzie and Riley. Riley is 17, and Mackenzie is 12. Riley is a singer and an athlete, and Mack is a dancer. We're bringing them back to Sydney."

"OH! Of course, how could I forget that we now have two stars! Hi girls!"

"Hello!" we called back to the boys on the other line.

"Okay, well we're going to bed. Goodnight boys, good night Mack and Riley!"

We pulled into the Mohegan Sun Hotel parking garage as the phone call disconnected. As we stepped out of the van, I stared in awe at the hotel that we were about to enter. I grabbed my duffel bag and my sisters as the boys led us into the hotel lobby. There were chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, and a large crystal clear fountain in the center of the lobby. I had to chuckle as the song that was playing in the lobby was Chandelier, by Sia. Mack started dancing through the hotel to the tune of the song, leaving Ashton speechless.

"For a girl that small, she's got some killer moves."

"Yeah, she's pretty great. She actually danced in the Chandelier video for Sia."

Ashton and Mike checked us into the hotel and led us up to the room. When they opened the door and allowed us to step in, I ran right to the window to check out the view. I could see almost all of the casino property from the window, as well as the railroad tracks.

"Do you girls want to get dinner first, or go swimming?" Michael asked.

"Umm... I'm kind of hungry, and I want to go look in Spin City. They had a guitar I wanted, and I think it's on sale. Where do you want to eat?"

The boys looked at each other, and then looked at us, "You girls probably know this place better than we do. What do you recommend? Our treat, wherever you want."

It was a hard decision, because this casino has lots of options to eat.

"There is an all you can eat buffet downstairs that has amazing food and almost anything you could ever want," I told Mikey.

His eyes lit up brighter than the Christmas tree that was in the hotel lobby. We quickly got dressed and walked through the hotel down to the main floor. The crowds this time of night were crazy. Everyone was shedding their coats and mittens because the heat was perfect inside. I held my sisters hand as I guided everyone through the casino towards the buffet. We stepped up to the desk and got our tickets, following the line to get a table. After about 10 minutes of waiting and getting to know the boys, we finally were led to a table.

"Good evening, my name is Aubrey. What can I get you guys to drink? We have multiple coke products as well as a full bar," the black haired waitress asked, standing at the end of our table.

"I'll have coke."

"Sprite."

"Um, two beers please."

We all placed our drink orders and sat at the table until they came.

"So you guys are bringing us back to Sydney?" Mackenzie asked.

"Yes. We're on break for a few months to write new music, spend time with our families, and get to know you guys. The reason we came to the center that you girls were at, was because my mom was very good friends with Abbi a while ago and she passed along the message that they had two girls that are very interested in the performing arts, and needed a home. We've seen your performances between athletics, dance, and music and were so impressed we jumped on the first opportunity we could get to bring you home with us." Ashton explained, as the waitress came back and placed our drinks on the table.

I looked at my sister, and then at the boys, and smiled. I was honestly glad that we are going to a new place. I'm going to miss Abbi, and all of our friends from school, but I think it will be worth it. We got up and made our way to the cart with all of the plates. I grabbed the warm plate off the cart and started poking around the hot tables for my selections. One of the stations I stopped at was manned by man with one of those tall chef hats, and he was carving a huge turkey that just came out of the oven. He took his long serrated knife and glided it through the turkey like clockworks. He placed two large slices on my plate as I thanked him. I continued down the line and took a scoop of mashed potatoes. I saw Michael standing in front of the pizza and I swear he was foaming at the mouth. After finally getting my plate of food, I went to sit back at the table. Ashton had piles of sushi, chicken and pizza on his plate as well as a few different desserts.

"Thank you Ash, for giving us this amazing opportunity at a new life."

"You're welcome sweetheart. We're glad you guys are excited for what's to come."

Michael and Mackenzie finally joined us at the table and we talked and ate our food. Once we finished eating, we finished paying the tab and exited from the buffet area. I pulled my wallet out of my Invader Zim tote bag that I carried everywhere, basically as a purse. I opened it and counted the cash I had in there. On the weekends, I did odd jobs around the farm for cash as well as got an allowance every week for clothes, and spending money from the shelter.

"I'm going to go do some shopping, is that alright?" I asked, nudging Mackenzie to come with me.