Darkness Meets Light.

Copyright ©2014 TakeMeToMyNeverland

All Rights Reserved.

Begins: May, 19th 2014

________________________________________

Prologue

Jeremy

         "I want him alive, but without a tail." Doñ' Antonio Treviño says menacingly as he looks from member to member. The ones in charged of the job nod and walked out the room.

         Doñ' Antonio was an illegal Mexican immigrant that crossed the border 10 years ago to do his business down here in the city of Seattle. Antonio was a height of 5'7, he was 58 years old with dark hair and a beard. Antonio wasn't fat nor was he skinny. I guess you could say he was chubby. Luckily the man knew English so most of the gang knew how to understand him. I didn't care either way because I knew Spanish, people taught me.

         My dad was born in New York City and my mom is from Tijuana, Baja California in Mexico. So I guess being half white and half Spanish was an advantage for Doñ' Antonio.

         "Hey boss, what do you want Jear and I to do?" Jamie asks as he takes the seat next to me, across from the boss.

         I rolled my eyes at my nickname and continued to sharpen the random twig with my pocket knife.

         "Nada. Go home. I'll see you tomorrow for the shipment of those herbs." Jamie nods and taps me on the shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts.

         I looked at both of them and realized it was time to go.

         I stood up and turned to leave the room with Jamie when Antonio called me.

         "Change that face. Las vamos a encontrar (We will find her)."

         I look at him for a second before turning on my shoes and walking out of his office.

         "What did he say?" Jamie asks as we walk inside the barn.

         Doñ' Antonio lived in the country type side of Seattle. This is the most discrete place that such a wanted criminal could stay at.

         Here is where Jamie and I have been raised.

         I lived with a rich family for all my life but once I was twelve, I started in this business with Jamie and we would come over to Antonio's house a lot. I met Jamie when I was twelve and he was eleven—and ever since then he was the one who taught me how to shoot things, we've practiced fighting together, he showed me what drug was.

         I know that he sounds like a bad influence and all but he is truly the best friend anybody could ask for.

         "It's about my mom, Jamie." I told him, bluntly.

         "Oh." He said, not pushing the conversation any further then necessary.

         Jamie knew that was an emotional topic for me.

         "What was it he sent you guys to do last night?" I asked as I sat down on one of the hay stacks.

         Jamie sighed and grabbed the twig I had sharpened and looked at it. "We had to take care of that little situation we were having with one of the guys that helped bring in the people from across the border. Apparently he's been contacting Border Patrol.

         I scoff and shake my head. "Let me guess...he called them so that he wouldn't get busted later in the future, huh?"

Jamie nods. "Exactly," he smirks. "That's why I had to put him down."

         Jamie has never really talked about his reasons for getting into the business because I guess it was also a difficult topic for him to deal with.

         Before he even started the business, he had killed the man who tried to rape his mother at the age of ten. But because his mother loves him so much, she took the blame in killing the man so now she's in jail for 1 more year.

         They had lived in Alabama and the state had sentence her with ten years of prison. Jamie is now eighteen and waiting for his mom to be freed but I know that's not the only reason why he's in the business.

         I started this for my parents.

         I know they would've wanted me to take the better path and stick to learning and finding a good job but I couldn't do it. I stayed in school for my mother and father but I got myself in the business to get them back.

         All my life I had heard stories from Doñ' Antonio about men disrespecting my mom for being Mexican. From what I've heard she has been raped and beating almost to death.

         The last time I've visited my dad was when I was fifteen. Dad had told me the story of how he met my mother. My dad was friends with a guy named Chava who was Mexican. They've met back in highschool and were good friends until his parents got deported and they had to leave New York.

         Dad went to go see him and that's when he met my mom.

         A lot of people judged their relationship because they thought that my dad being a 'gringo' in other words a white boy, was fatuous. They thought my dad would be better off with his kind which would be either elegant brunette's or blond's.

         However my dad fell for mom so hard that they went crazy in Tijuana.

         Shit, he even went bad ass for a day and got her past the border from Tijuana to San Ysidro.

         They never got married obviously because they've only dated for a month until everything happened with that...fuck face who split them apart.

         Oh how much I hated him.

         Because of him, I never got to meet my mother. All I know about her is her name and her age. I don't even know how she looks like or if she still even loves me.

         It wasn't fair that, that man is keeping my mother captive and my dad imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit.

         I will get my own sort of justice. Even if it has to be killing the man myself.