Chapter 3, Disappointment

Chapter 3,

Carmen

          " See ya', Pikachu,"

          "Pikachu."

          I blushed and set the last plate on the table.

          "I was thinking maybe we could go to the library to drop of the divergent book to Hayden and then go cle...-" I heard my sister Tori continue but all thoughts were literally blocked with the thought of the very cute guy I keep swooning over.

          "Are you even listening to me?" Tori snaps.

          I jump. "Oh, I-I'm sorry. You said something about a book and someone named Hayden?"

          She gives me a little glare before blowing her lips out in frustration. "Book. Hayden. Library. Before Lunch." She stated, directly to the point.

          I nod and sit down beside her. "Got it!"

          Jessy walks in the dinning room where we were awaiting our breakfast and smiled. "Okay girls, Breakfast." She placed a plate with two pancakes, scrambled eggs and, two sausage patties in front of both Tori and I.

          I stare at my plate like it's heaven and dug in. "Mmm. This is so amazing, Jess." I let her know before cutting my pancakes into little pieces and adding some syrup.

          Tori groans and picks at her food. "Tori, baby, are you feeling okay?" Mom asks as she walks in, her hand now on my sister's forehead.

          I felt eyes starring at me and I began feeling very nervous.

          Dad.

          "I don't know I guess I just really want this diet to pay off." Tori explains.

          "Oh hunny, you're beautiful! Just like Carmen." she exclaims.

          Tori marked a sound. "No I think you mean Carmen is beautiful and so will you, if you keep eating healthier."

          "Hunny knock it off, you're stunning." Dad says before looking back at me.

          I look at his young face and I suddenly felt really uncomfortable.

          "I guess " she says slumping in her seat. "Hey mom wanna help me make a bowl of fruits? I don't wanna risk eating this. Not that it's not good because it looks so yummy." She pouts.

          Okay even with dad starring I had to giggle.

          Jessy smiles and follows mom and Tori into the kitchen.

          I looked at the syrup and a little honey bottle shaped as a bunny that mom had beside her plate and pout my lips.

          Mmh, I wonder why she likes honey instead of syrup.

          "So are you gonna talk to me ever again?" Dad asked, awkwardly stabbing some scramble eggs.

          "Yeah," I say but it came out as more as a question which made him look at me. "I mean...your my dad, I have to talk to you." I say.