Chapter 6, Morgan.

Chapter 6,

Jeremy

          ....

          Product of a murderer, you stole everything from me

This poison hurts, feels so empty

Fill my veins with this sin, shaking on the ground, My head's going crazy from within

Cold sweats, shaking in my shame

Heart stops, dying where I lay

          "Jare!" I pulled my headphones out of my ear and turned around to the voice that called me by Jamie's nickname for me.

          I only let Jamie call me that but I can't be mad at this person because he's a cool friend of mine. I don't like the term friends so let's just say associate just like Carmen.

          This was Paul Harrison.

          Paul is one of the school's cheerleaders boyfriend. We use to go way back in grade school when it was only just Jamie, a boy named Riley who I'm assuming attends this high school too, him and myself. Paul was the flirt out of us all, but once he met miss blondy the guy fell extremely hard and now those two are inseparable.

          Paul has short dark brown hair, a little stub growing faintly, he stands at most 5,10 and the guy is somewhat built due to all his hard work as an adolescent trying to impress the girls.

          I smiled awkwardly for the simple fact that him and I haven't said a word to each other since the day we graduated grade school. 8th grade.

          A soft but happy smile plastered against his face as he made his way over to me. "Hey."

          I hugged him back and pulled away not really fond of physical touching except it being with my girlfriend, Morgan. "Hey dude."

          "Shit man, sorry for ignoring you in that one class we got together. I'm such an asshole." He apologizes.

          I dismiss it. "Don't even worry about it. I get it. The girlfriend. They keep us distracted."

          "Yeah—" he made a longing face. "Their amazing right?"

          Right when asked that I thought about Morgan and smiled. "Yeah." I looked at him. "So are you heading to class now?"

          "No, actually I'm about to go to the auditorium." his eyebrows crease. "Don't you remember? We have a town meeting."

          I groaned.

          Town meetings are basically some stupid crap the actual principal and assistant principal do when they want to give a speech about how we have to do good on our last senior year and ways that we could accomplish these achievements.

          "Are you serious?" I complained.

          Paul chuckled and put an arm around me and we began walking behind the other seniors who were going towards the staircase door to head down to the auditorium.

•••

          I grinned. "Hello Beautiful."

          Her cheeks went pink at my compliment and she covered her face with The Giver book in her hands. "Stop it."