Chapter 8, Why Do Enemies Exist?

Chapter 8,

Jeremy

          Girls.

          They are every guys desire but also every guys trouble.

          Sometimes when girls meet a guy there's always that one thing they want to accomplish, and in my case that's trying to have a girl fix me.

          When I met Morgan in junior year of highschool, we instantly had a desirable attraction for one another. She initiated our first kiss and that led to our sex fling. And she knew what was up with me. She knew all about me working for a drug lord/cartel and she tried billions of times to try and fix me but it never works.

          Soon enough Morgan stopped trying and told me that even though she knew I'd be stubborn and not leave this gang, that she still cares about me, which is one of the main reasons why we became boyfriend and girlfriend.

          Too be completely honest, I don't consider myself being a part of that gang except for negotiating with Don' Antonio for the sake of finding my mother and getting my father out of that state jail in Tijuana.

         Everything that's going on with that is messing with my head but I'm glad to have Morgan by my side and supporting me even though she's against what I'm doing. Although she just tells me that even though she doesn't encourage it, that I will have to be careful, and I am but not anymore since I have a little saint on my ass everyday.

          Pikachu.

          God, she was another reason why I've been so stressed lately. With her repetitive attempts to get me to become her friend and I don't know why when she knows I'm no good. You can see it in those eyes of hers that she's scared of me so what's her big obsession in trying to be my friend? Oh yeah that's right to try and change me.

          Which will never happen.

          Carmen was a good girl and I'm not about to be the cause of her becoming someone different because of me.

          Yes don't get me wrong I strangely felt bad that because of my trouble with the cops, she might get grounded by her parents or interrogated by the police, but she brought this upon herself!

          I told her that on the text I sent her but she never replied so I don't know what she's thinking or doing but I just hope she doesn't go rat me out to the police and tell them about what she and that Carter guy saw the last time.

          "Mmm," A soft moan was heard from besides me from my only friend, Jamie. 

          Ever since he was shot on the leg, he wasn't able to leave bed for four days and counting. Don' Antonio was nice enough to let him stay at his big country house.

          "Jeremy?" His voice was all groggy from just waking up.

          I got up from the chair and walked over to his bedside. "Hey man, how you feeling?"

          He whimpered slightly as he lift his upper body against the headboard. "Like shit." Jamie groaned and clutched at his knee to try and ease the pain above his knee, behind his left thigh.

          I smiled sympathetically. "Well the bright side is you'll be able to come back to school tomorrow."

          He chuckles sarcastically. "Yeah, in fucking crutches dude! I won't be able to play in the soccer game. What has coach said about that?"