Chapter 5, Wild Cop Chases Leads To Association.

Chapter 5,

Carmen

          In all my seventeen years of existence I never thought I would be in the kind of situation actors are in; in a action movie, where they see a killer running away from a crime they just committed or something.

          To me, I thought all those things were just coincidental. Like if you switch the T.V to the news channel and the lady out of no where says, 'Today around 9:30A.M, there was a brutal murder of a family here in Queens NY right between somewhere and somewhere'. That somewhere could have been right on your neighborhood or even near it and you get that oh my goodness vibe go through you.

          That exact oh my goodness feeling was what was going through me at the moment after I seen the guy I thought I had a crush on, splattered in blood and a black gun in his hand.

          After Carter and I saw them run off in the poor butcher's van we didn't know what to do.

          Carter kept cursing much to my discomfort but after, he had asked me if we should call the cops but I didn't want too, not because I have a tiny crush on Jeremy but because I don't want any problems with him.

          I mean seriously what if I were to go through with it and call the cops? Jeremy would just go right into the conclusion that it was either the butcher who called the cops or Carter and I.

          I didn't know what to do. I was so scared right now that I had tears streaming down my face.

          I was currently on my way to Economics class, hugging my books close to my chest, feeling as if I were going to be attacked any minute now.

          The worst thing above all is that Jeremy and I are partners for the project our Economics teacher—Mr. Macormin—assigned us. "Oh please god help me get through this day, please."

          I pulled the door open and saw a few students already inside.

          This classroom was pretty big and the desk weren't in there original rows like the other classrooms. They were sort of in groups but like a debate type of style. Two tables at different angles all facing the the window and the desks by the window facing the opposite way. Almost as if one side was Republicans and the other, Democrats.

          I made my way to the window and sat at one of the desk which I already made mine since days ago.

          Thankfully Jeremy wasn't here...yet.

          "Good Morning class!" Mr. Macormin's cheerful voice exclaimed as he walked inside with his messenger bag and a laptop. He was tall and big but I wasn't the type to judge people like that. Especially Mr. Macormin. He was the coolest teacher in this whole school.

          Mr. Macormin walked towards my side and set his things down. "Helloo Ms. Davison." He said playfully.

          I smiled. "Good morning sir."

          He smiled and that's when the doors opened revealing the one and only...the boy I was avoiding all day...Mr. Jeremy Black.

          My heart seemed to be going into some sort of deranged twister. It almost felt as if I was going to get an anxiety or panic attack if he came any closer than where he was; by the door.

          When he had walked in, his eyes darted immediately to the back of the room where I was.

          Oh my god.