Chapter 1, Home Sweet Home.

____________________________

Chapter 1

Carmen

         It was a cold day. Not that unusual in this part of Seattle, Washington. I wrapped my jacket tighter around my frigid body, and looked up at the still big house of mine in which I've not been in, in almost three months. It seemed so much different from the last time I was here.

         In front of me stood a gray and medium light turquoise big house with about two floors at least, however if you count the attic it'll be three. The house had a very nice front porch. There was the front door obviously with a blurred glass in the center, so when someone rings the bell you'll be able to see they're silhouette. Therefore my parents made sure their was a skinny-tall-thin glass next to the door's blurred window so you could see the person. Besides the door- on both opposite sides of it-were two big windows, a bench and a couple of plants, bushes, and flowers.

         I felt a presence beside me and knew it was dad. As if sensing what I was thinking, he let out a chuckle. "Yeah. Your mother went back to planting ever since well-" he cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck.

         "Dad it's okay." I held his hand and gave him a reassuring look.

         "God is with us. He's the saviour to what is good to come for you and our family. Have faith." I tell him and he taps my nose with his finger and smiles.

         "Just like your momma'." I smiled at his comment and relaxed when he put an around my shoulder. "So what do you think of the repairs we did to the house, pumpkin?" He asked.

         I looked around with complete admiration. "It's beautiful." I whispered but mostly to myself.

         Gasping at the sudden noise of a dog barking and a woman's shriek, I recognize belongs to Jessy. She was our housekeeper.

         "Oh my god." Her shriek filled the quiet surrounding along with the dog barking. I couldn't hold back the giggle that escaped my lips as she ran to me with open arms.

         Giggling, I wrapped my arms around her back and let her sway me side to side as we hugged. Jess pulled away and looked at me from head to toe.

         "Look at you-" she said in awe. "-you've become even more beautiful. It feels like just yesterday you were that twelve year old little girl with braces running around the backyard."

         I smiled at her. "Thank you Jess. You have no idea how much I missed you and the others."

         We hugged once more but someone interrupted us.

         I looked down at the gravel and noticed my little dog. He was a light shade of black with his little curls making him look like the dog from the Wizard Of Oz. Unlike the dog's name Toto, I called my puppies name...

         "Toby!" At first he growled at me when I attempted to pet him but he eventually calmed down.

         "Don't worry about him, he's been acting very bipolar since this morning." Jessy informed me.

         I giggled as Jessy gave Toby a light and playful spank near his behind.

         It reminded me of course, of the time I was here, when Toby would always bother Jessy and I.

         However we still loved him despite his grumpiness.

         "Carmyyyyyyy.." a soft young voice squealed from afar.