Chapter 4, Being Caught

Chapter 4,

Jeremy

          "Jeremy!" A voice yelled from the closed classroom door, disrupting me mid sentence as I taught Carmen how to make her own Gmail account. Apparently this girl isn't a fan of social media or emails.

          A flustered and worried looking Jamie burst through the doors, ignoring all the shocked stares. "Jare,"

          "Jamie!" Ms. Zones scowls with a glare as she watched him jog over to me.

          I stare into distance as he leans in between Carmen and I. "There's gonna be another shipment and word is that Edison might be there."

          Shit.

          "Jare, you're mom could be there."

          I looked up at him from my peripheral vision than slowly looked down at Carmen who was looking at us shyly and awkwardly.

          "Jamie!" Ms. Zones raises her voice at the boy beside me.

          Jamie frowns and looks up a little frustrated with her pestering. "What Miss?" he asks softly since he doesn't want to be rude to his favorite teacher.

          The glare on her face couldn't have gotten any harder.

          Ms. Zones points to the door. "Outside, now." she demands before storming out of the room.

          Jamie sighs before looking at me. "We have to be there after the end of 7th Period."

          I nod and swallow the lump in my throat.

          Jamie winces and runs a hand through his hair before walking out the classroom. "Miss I'm sorry but I ca-..." his voice faded as the door closed.

          I sighed and cup my face in my hand.

          Edison Ramiro.

          That man was gonna pay for braking my parents and I apart.

          I don't know if he did it because of a motive or just for the 'fun of it' but that still didn't give him the right.

          Yes, at least I know my dad, and my dad knows me but what about my mother? I don't even know her. I don't know how she looks like or if she's even still alive. Dad is the only one who can confirm her identity to me, but with him being imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit, it would be kinda impossible.

          The last time I saw dad it was when I was fifteen. Don' Antonio was generous enough to fly me out to the jail they have him locked up in. Now that I'm nineteen, work has been pinning me down and I don't really have time to ask for another trip to Mexico. Not now that school had started.

          I just hope dad doesn't think I don't wanna see him anymore.

          I bet if I did have the time to go see him again after five years since I last visited him, he'll be shocked to see how I looked now. At fifteen I was three feet shorter and I had longer hair like one of those emo kids.

          I cleared my throat and looked up at the clock.

          9:37AM