Chapter 2, Life Is Rough For Certain One's

Chapter 2,

  Jeremy

          It was early Thursday morning and Jamie and I drove up to Don' Antonio's big house to talk to him before going to school.

          It was a bit weird when we got here because the first thing we saw was a man in a somewhat military outfit in the boss's office.

           This cop or whatever, was wearing a plain green military shirt with light brown pants. He also had on a nice looking jacket, combat boots, and a pair of dark sunglasses.

          We wait against a wall near the office door for Don' Antonio to talk to the man. "What do you think is going on?" Jamie whispers as we keep careful watch.

          "I don't know, but I sure as hell am not gonna let some cop arrest him. I need the boss for something important." I tell him.

          "You're parents right?"

          I nod.

          "Yup. He has some sort of beef with the man who separated my family-so I'm not about to lose my chances of him helping me track down that guy."

          Jamie pats my back and suddenly the cop or-whatever he was-stood up from the chair in front of Don' Antonio and shook his hand. "No se preocupe, Antonio. Te voy a ayudar con Edison y su pandilla, te lo juro." He tells him in Spanish.

[Translation: Don't worry, Antonio. I'm going to help you with Edison and his gang. I swear.]

          Antonio smiles and shakes his hand, once more. "Gracias."

          Once he was dismissed, Jamie and I walked up to the desk and we looked at our boss.  "Hello boys, have a seat."

          Jamie sat down and leaned over to grab one of the chocolates from Don' Antonio's little candy box.

          Ryan, one of the gang members who also work with us snatched it from him and had Jamie run off after him.

          Typical, dumbasses.

          "Boss who was that?" I asked curiously.

          It's not normal to just randomly see a damn cop over at one of the most wanted criminal and drug cartels home. "Have a seat, Jeremy. He's part of the good news I have for you."

          He knew that good news for me was only about my parents. "What is it?"

          Don' Antonio smiles as I nervously mess with my knuckles. "I got word from the guys up in Portland that they spotted Edison."

          Holy shit.

          He's here in Seattle?" I asked.

          He makes a face and nods. "Yeah, a little bit upstate but he's hiding." I watch as he pulls out a cream colored folder. "That's why I got an old buddy of mine to go do a bit of investigating for me."

          I see him pull out a little picture of a man.

          By the looks of this folder I'm guessing the man who came, brought him this evidence folder. "This is the man who kidnapped your mother the week after your birth."

          I took the picture from him and starred at the still image of the man who destroyed my life. The man who took the precious thing any child needs in their life. His Family.