Chapter 4 - The Years Pass By...

As the years passed by, things started to die down. Matt hired a much more competent man to watch the sister location, plus, he permanently turned off Baby, Ballora, Funtime Freddy, and Funtime Foxy, so that they couldn't activate again, and it worked pretty well. Matt shut off the mechanic that caused them to catch children, and they became normal animitronics.

But Matt knew that Baby and Funtime Freddy held dark secrets inside their stomachs. Funtime Freddy held the dead body of Nate's adoptive son, Luke, while Baby held the dead body of Matt's very own daughter, Libby. No one could ever find them there. Matt fixed up the stomachs so that no one could smell the dead bodies, or open the stomachs. Matt wanted his daughter to be with something she loved, even after death.

Meanwhile, the more time A.J spent with the animitonics, the more in love the felt. They were friendly, not trying to kill him. He wanted to spend all his time at this job, even asking for extra hours. Eventually, all the other night guards lost their own hours at A.J, and they all quit, leaving him as the sole night guard.

As for Nate, he decided to try his hand at YouTube, making music about video games, anime, nerdy stuff like that. And he was fairly popular, but the ad revenue wasn't fantastic. Enough to make a living, at least. And while the memory of Luke stayed planted in his head, Nate was starting to get over it. It had been 6 years since Luke died, and Nate only had him for two years. But the strange thing was, he had completely forgotten about Matt by that point. The coma left him with some memory problems, plus, he had only known Matt for about a year, and saw him very little in that time.

But Mat remembered Nate vividly. And the longer Matt left his anger, the worse it got. Matt dreamed about Nate's death. The blood on his fingertips. Oh, sweet revenge. This is what he would get for stopping me from saving my daughter. Before, Matt partially blamed himself for Libby's death, but as the years passed by, he started to blame Nate more and more, until it was the only thing on his mind. He wanted Nate to die so bad. He had to keep telling himself that revenge would hurt him again. But it started to stop working. Matt was desperate for Nate to pay. But Matt knew that he would never get the chance to kill Nate, and that was the only thing stopping him.

Until he hired Mark.