Chapter 10 - Overtime

"No one's picking up." Nate said as he drove down the street.

"Maybe nobody's home?" Asked Chica.

Nate, confused, turned to the animitronics in the back. "It's Freddy Fazbears, we literally pay someone to be there." Nate realized he wasn't driving, as he nonchalantly swerved the car. "Oh, right, sorry."

Meanwhile, A.J was heading to work. He ran into the office. "Sorry I'm late, traffic was a..." He trailed off, noticing how empty and wrecked the office was. He accidentally stepped on a fallen vent grate, picking it up and putting it back.

He brushed it off, turning on the radio. It was that song that had started playing everywhere, but he was starting to warm up to it. As he swept up the mess, he couldn't help but sing along. Then his earpiece started ringing.

"Hello, it's A.J!" He said.

"Hey, it's Nate!" He tried his best to sound like nothing was going on. "I'm uh... I'm going to be a little late to my shift, but don't worry, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Sounds good. Oh, by the way, have you seen ANY of the animitronics lately?" A.J said as he picked up his drink. "I couldn't find any of them today."

"Uh... no. That's weird."

"Super weird." Added Chica.

"Maybe they got in a car, and left to go find somebody!" Bonnie said.

"Shh! You guys, we're going to blow our cover!" Freddy said, trying to shut them up.

"Sorry, did you say something?" Asked A.J, hearing the voices.

"No, nothing at all." Nate was doing his best to cover it up, but the animitronics were destroying his efforts.

"Why?"

"Are you hearing voices?"

"Maybe the restaurant is haunted!"

"And the souls of the undead children keep talking to you!" Nate rolled his eyes.

"Oh, would you shut up!" Yelled Freddy.

"Hey, uh, I meant to ask, if you see something green tied up in the closet, could you uh, not mention it to anyone?"

"Oh, you mean this thing?" A.J turned to Springtrap. What Nate didn't know was that he had already let him out. "Found it earlier when I was looking for the others. Kind of smells, doesn't it?"

"You should really not touch that."

"It's fine, looks like someone burned out it's wiring almost a decade ago." A.J said, brushing the subject off.

"Yeah, I know. That's what's scaring me." Was it working? Was Nate actually scared by Springtrap? Is that why he wasn't there?

"Well, I should probably get back to cleaning up. This place just keeps getting crappier every night." A.J said.

"Alright, uh... just make sure you're out of the building by midnight."

"Copy that, boss." And then he hung up. He sat down, looking at the cameras. "On the other hand, a little overtime never killed anyone."