Chapter 11 - Not A Dream

"Okay, this is the place!" Bonnie said as Nate pulled into the driveway.

"What are we going to do about Springtrap back at the office?" Asked Freddy.

"What if he escapes out into the streets?" Added Chica.

"You guys just worry about getting inside." Nate said, as he grabbed his laptop. "I'll handle Springtrap."

While the animitronics left the car, Nate booted up Balloon Boy.exe. "Alright, let's keep him distracted." And he went to go find Springtrap.

Meanwhile, in his room, Mark was asleep, until he heard quiet whispering and clattering. He grabbed a flashlight and snuck into the hallway to see what was going on. As he peeked around the corner, he was caught by surprise by Foxy jumping in front of his face. Mark, terrified, flailed around, knocking Foxy over, then running down the halls. Chica found Foxy first. "Foxy! Are you okay?" She asked. Foxy nodded, with a "Yar."

Nate found Springtrap's location. "There you are." He pressed a sound cue, attracting Springtrap's attention. "Would you kindly... follow me?" He said, concentrating.

Mark hid behind the wall. "Oh my god, I must be going crazy. They can't be back."

Nate turned Balloon Boy behind a corner. One mistake and this all goes bad. He thought.

Mark looked around the corner, seeing no one. "No one's there. No one's-"

But then Freddy cut his thoughts off, hearing him mumble. "Is somebody there?"

Nate checked the time. I've got to stall him for four more hours. He thought.

Mark looked into the hallway, seeing Freddy. "Why's that fur bag in my hallway?" He asked himself.

Nate realized that Springtrap was nowhere to be found. "No one's there..."

Mark heard clattering, so he dived into the bedroom. "Someone's there." He told himself. "God, I wish you weren't here."

Suddenly Chica popped up. "Hi there!" Mark screamed and shut the door, locking it. "Okay, good talk..."

Nate hid Balloon Boy in Pirate Cove. "I just have to make noise. Come on, Springtrap. Focus on me." Springtrap flung open the curtains, but Nate had already guided the robot away.

Meanwhile, Mark was hiding on the other side of his door. "Oh my god I hear breathing." He mumbled to himself, terrified.

Bonnie knocked at the door. "Hey! It's me! We've met, remember?"

"I don't care!" Mark yelled.

Then Springtrap went off the map again. "No one's there..." Said Nate aloud.

"Where's foxy go?" Asked Chica, noticing his absence.

"I think he's in there!" Said Freddy, pointing to Mark's bedroom door.

Springtrap started to chase Balloon Boy, forcing Nate to run it down a long hallway. "Hurry guys, I'm loosing ground here." He mumbled to himself.

Mark heard shuffling in the closet. "Why's my closet making pirate sounds?" He thought aloud. Mark flung open the closet to see Foxy. He jumped back, screaming, just as the others burst in.

"Please come save us!" Chica yelled.

"Springtrap's gone crazy!" Freddy added.

Foxy added on a few various "Yars." Before Bonnie hastily scribbled a picture of a man getting stabbed by what looked like a monster. "Does this help explain?" He asked.

Mark grabbed the knife under his mattress and held it to Freddy's neck. "Stay back!" He demanded.

"Huh. I guess it didn't."

Springtrap appeared suddenly from behind the corner, shocking Nate and making him turn Balloon Boy around, but Springtrap got close enough to knock the antenna off of Balloon Boy. "That's not good." He said as Balloon Boy came to a stop. "Oh no, no, no, no, come on!" Then Springtrap popped up in his field of vision. "Please get up..." But it was too late. Springtrap brutally attacked Balloon Boy. Nate could only watch, freaked out.

"You're not taking me alive!" Mark yelled.

"Um, we're not taking you at all."

"Could you please put down the knife?"

"Get away from me! I'll do it, I swear!"

Nate started to hear shouting inside the house. Realizing he was needed, he got out of the car and ran inside to the bedroom.

"Please don't kill me!" Shouted Freddy.

"I'd be careful with that knife." Nate said, standing in the doorway. Mark, startled, pointed his knife towards Nate. "That's Freddy Fazbear. He holds a special place in the hearts of children, so... you should probably show him a little respect."

"Are you the night shift?" Asked Mark, angrily. "Are you with THEM?!"

"No, I'm the uber driver for a bunch of puppets." Nate said sarcastically.

"What do you want?" Mark asked rudely, allowing Freddy to escape.

"Your help!" Said Chica.

"There's a killer animitronic on the loose at Freddy Fazbears!" Freddy shouted.

Nate sat down on the bed and looked at Mark. "We'd go to the police, but they'd probably think we're crazy." Nate looked at the reader. "Even though we could just bring these guys to prove that the animitronics can actually move and think, but hey, whatever."

"Sound familiar?" Bonnie said, getting onto Mark's shoulder. Mark brushed him off.

"Okay, wait. Even if I was to believe that you talking robots didn't want to kill me, and even if I was to go back to Freddy Fazbears, which I'm not, what do I get out of this? Physiological damage? A horrible gruesome death? 25 years to life with a cellmate named Buffalo-freaking-Bill?"

"Oh I don't know." Nate said. "Proving you didn't lie to the police would be pretty cool."

"Fine." Mark said reluctantly.

"Hooray!" Shouted Freddy. They all came in for a hug, but Mark raised his knife. "Don't touch me."

When they got in the car, it was a little cramped, but it would do. "Freddy's opens in a few hours. We should lay low until then."