Chapter 9 - Back To Work

Nate took a deep breath before going into the building. He had seen some crazy stuff there. This was where he lost his son. But as soon as the stepped in the door, a man in a purple hoodie barreled into him.

"Whoa!" Nate dodged him, letting the man fall flat on his face. Nate reached out to him. "You okay?" He asked.

The man took his hand, pulling himself up. "Sorry about that. Just dropping off a package before the night shift starts. New animitronic." He said.

"Oh, a new one?" Nate asked.

"Yep. I hear that it's made out of springlocks. The staff calls it Springtrap." The man said. But the truth was that the staff didn't know about it. He had used some old wires to hastily cut and paste together the most aggressive animitronic he could, and left it there overnight.

"So, you're the day shift guy?" Nate asked.

"Yeah. My name's A.J." He shook Nate's hand. "I gotta go, but I'll see you in the morning." He said as he ran off.

Nate shrugged the encounter off, going inside the office. It was much different from before, much brighter, and the walls were covered in pictures. Nate sighed. It had been seven years since he worked there, and he regretted every moment. Every day, all he saw was a bunch of children crying.

But the worst moment in all these years was the time that his son practically fed a small child to an animitronic. He couldn't really remember the boy, let alone his parents, but the memory still stuck out to him. All he wanted to do was move on and forget, but the youtube ad revenue wasn't all that great, so it was back to watching camera for him.

Meanwhile, the animitronics were waking up, but something was off this time. Bonnie was missing. "Hey, where's Bonnie?" Asked Chica.

"I haven't seen him!" Freddy said. "Bonnie! Bonnie!"  Then they heard him a few rooms away.
He was standing around a big crate.

"What's this? I've never seen it before! And it's so big!" He said.

"Maybe it's a big box!" Chica said.

"It's probably full of party stuff!" Freddy added.

"Like pickles?" Guessed Bonnie.

"Oh, ponies!" Chica added.

"And pizza-"

"And the pox!" They looked at Bonnie oddly. "What?"

Meanwhile, in the office, Nate found himself drifting off. Matt, seeing this, knew that Nate had to be awake to see what A.J had made, so he called him up, shocking Nate and accidentally landing his hand on a rotten cupcake, wiping it off on a picture of Freddy.

"You know, maybe we shouldn't touch this..." Chica said, as she and Freddy left Bonnie by himself, unwrapping the crate.

"Why not? It's just a shady crate!" Bonnie said.

"It could be dangerous! Nobody knows if it's safe or not!" Chica scolded him.

"Alright, alright, fine. I'll wrap it back up and-" But when Bonnie went back, there was a gigantic hole in it. "Uh oh." Then something hit him.

Nate saw the camera cut out. Now the camera's dead. Am I going crazy? He thought.

"Bonnie, you said it would only take a minute-" Chica started.

"Maybe it took him instead!" Freddy interrupted. Both of them gasped.

"What should we do? I'm good at panicked screeching!" Chica said.

"Let's look for clues. Bonnie has to be somewhere around here! Chica would you-" Suddenly, she ran past him screaming. "Go check the kitchen?"

"On it!" She said.

"How could he just disappear?"

Nate saw Chica going through the hallways, then into the kitchen, but the camera was down. "Where's she going? The screen's  not showing anything, but didn't that camera get fixed?"

Meanwhile, Foxy was running to pirate cove for help. "Foxy, we need your help! We have to find Bonnie before six am!" But instead of Foxy, a green animitronic popped out and tried to catch him.

Nate swiched cameras to a closet, where Bonnie was tied up and gagged. "Bonnie?" Nate couldn't belive what he was looking at. "Why's Bonnie here? And why's he tied up?" Then an alarm started ringing. "What's that sound?"

Chica popped up from a box on one of the cameras. "It's because the music box stopped!" She cried.

"Chica?"

"Oh dear! Watch out, he's coming for you!" She yelled.

"Good thing I can lock the door, then!" Nate ran over to the door, and tried to lock it, but this was Matt's chance. He hacked into the door controls, causing the door to stay open. It wouldn't lock.

"Huh. That's weird. Usually that only happens when-" Suddenly, Springtrap, the new one, sprung out from the balloon wall, causing Nate to scream and fall onto the floor. As Nate backed away from it, panicked, he was screaming. "No! Please don't kill me! I haven't even caught up on Steven Universe yet!" *Actually, I haven't even SEEN Steven Universe yet*

The animitronic jumped onto him, attacking him and forcing him against the wall and back onto the floor. "You've got to stop him!" Chica shouted.

"MMMFF!" Bonnie tried to say.

"What did he say?" Asked Chica.

"He said, watch out for the fan!" Freddy said, as Springtrap had Nate shoved against the spinning fan blades.

"A little help would be great right about now!" Nate shouted.

"Look! The Puppet is here to send him back to crate!" Freddy said. The Puppet dropped from the ceiling, causing Nate to fall away from Springtrap onto the ground.

"Watch out for your strings!" Nate yelled. But it was too late. The strings were cut by the fan's blades. As the Puppet's parts flew around the room, one piece hit the air vent, prompting Foxy to pop out. The vent's cover hit Springtrap on the head, disabling it for a bit.

Nate sat down, relived. "You really can't go one night without popping out of something can you?" Nate asked.

"He says he hid in there when Springtrap tried to stuff him in a Freddy Fazbear suit!" Chica said.

"Aw, that's horrible!" Nate said.

"Hey..." Freddy said, a little offended.

"Speaking of horrible, what do we do about this?" Nate kicked the vent cover off of Springtrap.

"The Puppet was the only one who could defend us..." Chica started.

"Now with him gone, there's no one to stop Springtap..." There was a pause, until Bonnie piped up.

"Well I know a guy." He said.

"Where does he live?" Asked Nate.