Chapter 12 - Final Night

*Author's Note: Sorry for the long hiatus, I got a manga maker for Christmas, and I've been going to town making stories on that.*

As Mark peered into the office door, the first thing he saw was a robotic head, dangling from the ceiling. "That's new." He said.

"At least Springtrap stayed distracted." Nate said, sitting down at the computer. He flipped through the screens, searching for Springtrap, until he finally found him, destroying the tables in the dining hall.

Matt was hiding behind the wall again, but this time, he was wearing an old Freddy suit with a voice changer. He had also cobbled together a weapon in his garage, a flamethrower and chainsaw at the same time. This was the night that Nate would die. And if Springtrap wouldn't kill him, then he was prepared to do it himself.

"So how do we shut him down?" Asked Freddy.

"I know he's in the building, but without his wiring active, I have no idea how to shut him down." Nate said, focusing on the camera feed.

Mark, holding a bag of supplies, stepped forward. He flashed back to the day after his first night.

Mark ran home and called up the Freddy's number instantly. After a short period of holding time, Phone Guy picked up, but before he could even say hello, Mark was screaming.

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!"

"Whoa, calm down. It's fine. I told you that they activate at night. You'll be fine to go on for another night, right?"

"And what happens if they shove me in a suit, huh?"

"I don't think that's even possible. We don't have any more spriglock suits around anymore..."

"Springlock suits?"

"Oh, those are suits that humans can fit inside and wear as a costume. Yeah, I found that springlocks tend to fail when they get wet... but there aren't any left in Freddy's." Phone Guy paused. "So, do you think you can do one more night?"

Mark sighed. "Fine. One more night."

"Is he actually made out of springlocks?" Asked Mark.

"I think so. Why?" Asked Nate.

"Springocks tend to fail when they get wet." He explained.

"There must be something we can do!" Freddy said.

Nate thought for a bit. "There is." He pulled up a map of the building on the laptop. "We all know that Freddy's isn't exactly up to code, but there should be fire extinguishers all around the building."

"If you tell us where they are, then we can go get them for you!" Chica said.

"There seems to be one in Pirate's Cove, one in the main hall, one backstage, and one in the kitchen." He said. And the animitronics went off to get them.

Mark peeked over Nate's shoulder. "So what am I doing here?" He asked.

"To spring the trap." Nate shrugged. Mark went over to the corner and started working. He tossed a rope up to the roof and pulled it back down. But he stopped when she saw something move beyond the door. "Hey Nate?" Nate looked over at him. "I think something's hiding in the dark." He said.

"Probably Springtrap roaming free." Nate teased him. He shrugged and went back to the computer, to see Freddy roaming through the halls.

"Well, with that kind of attitude, we're all going to die." Mark said under his breath.

"I heard that." Nate said.

"Yeah, well... you don't know how dangerous this place really is! I've heard the stories. The murdered children, the kidnappings... how could you possibly survive that danger without being a little freaked out?" Mark asked, rolling his eyes.

Nate's smile faded from his face. "Because... I lived through it."

Mark stopped working at the rope for a second to look at Nate. "What?"

"One of those murdered kids was my own. I adopted him with my wife, just after we got married. But literally just after we finalized the adoption, my wife died, so..." Nate paused. "I guess I wasn't able to teach him how to be good on my own."

Matt, still behind the wall, stopped fiddling with the on/off switch for the chainsaw, and listened to Nate's story.

"What happened?" Asked Mark.

Nate sighed. "Only one year after I adopted him, he started bulling this child. I forget his name, but I remember being friends with his father, even if I still can't remember his parents either. But one day, at the kid's birthday party, my son and a few other bullies, they... they killed the kid." Nate paused again. "I stopped talking to the kid's family, and I'll admit, they faded from my mind, but a year later, my son, Luke, he went missing. I was looking for him, but the next thing I knew, I was in a hospital bed after waking up from a coma. I couldn't remember if I ever found my son or not." Nate sighed, but quickly shook it off when he heard Foxy landing in Pirate's Cove.

"He's there!" Nate picked up the intercom. "Okay, it should be on your left, Foxy."

Foxy went right.

"Your other left."

Foxy flung open the curtains, but the fire extinguisher was missing. "Oh boy." Nate said to himself.

"Maybe somewhere else?" Mark guessed. But wherever they checked, no one could fine any. But then Chica got to the kitchen.

"I can't do this by myself!" She cried.

Mark took the intercom from Nate. "The camera's down. Sorry, but you're kind of on your own here."

"We should really fix that..." Chica mumbled. She flung open the door, finding the last fire extinguisher. "I found it!" But little did she know, Springtrap was right behind her. She screamed, triggering everyone to get into place, including Matt, watching everything through a hole in the wall.

"He's coming your way!" Yelled Chica.

Chica fell into the office doorway, sending the fire extinguisher across the floor, right under Nate's foot. He picked it up quickly, while Springtrap came into the door, landing in the trap, as Mark pulled up the trap.

"Dose him! Now!" He said through various grunts. Nate pressed the trigger, only for it to backfire all over himself.

"Well that was unexpected." He said. No sooner did he say that though, there was a sharp pain on the back of his head, and then, nothing.