VIII

[ have a pic of young Viktor. AINT HE CUTE? ]

VIII

Mikaela had left straight after that scene had ended. Christophe had tried to stop her, but he couldn't. In that moment, Mikaela was too heartbroken to react to anything. She kept asking herself why. Even during the flight she took back to Japan, having packed her things up straightaway.

In Japan then, the first thing she did was head to the ice rink. She kept a spare pair of skates in a locker there, if she should ever spontaneously decide to come by. Just it was the case like now.

When she arrived, the lights were on, but checking her watch, Mikaela knew that it was almost closing time, or rather that it was closing time. Nevertheless, the blonde girl headed inside, noticing Yuko behind the counter, doing whatever. "I'm sorry, we're closing." Yuko began, but when she looked up, she came to face with the blonde.

"Mika? Aren't you supposed to be back with Viktor and Yuuri tomorrow?" The brunette asked surprised, but Mikaela didn't respond. Instead she just looked away, holding back the tears that were threatening to spill. "Can I use the rink?" She asked quietly, to which Yuko said "Yeah of course."

Mikaela nodded and headed to her locker, to grab her skates, dropping her bag under a bench. She pulled her skates on and secured them tightly, before grabbing her phone out of her pocket along with her headphones.

She plugged the headphones in and turned her skating playlist on, taking off her skate guards and then heading onto the ice. She first skated a few laps around the rink, until the next song started.

Then she tried to skate a choreography. She tried to get her thoughts off of that kiss between Viktor and Yuuri. She tried her hardest to think of something else, but that scene just kept sneaking onto her mind. She just couldn't get rid of it.

Mikaela then tried to shake it off by doing a jump, maybe that'd help, but instead she just messed up and landed on the cold ice with her butt. She took a deep breath, before then getting to her feet again and restarting her choreography.

And again.

And again.

And again.

With every jump she tried to do, she landed on the floor. After messing up the last jump, she just laid there, her arms stretched out to the sides, she was facing the ceiling.

She just couldn't get that damn kiss out of her mind. It frustrated her. Everything did. The fact, that she fell for that stupid, silver headed Russian frustrated her. The fact, that he kissed one of her best friends frustrated her.

The fact, that he did it on TV like that, for everyone to see. It broke her heart. She felt stupid, too. That's when she felt something warm run down her cheek. Mikaela didn't bother to touch her cheek to find out what it was.

A tear. Then another. Then the tears were rolling down her cheeks like waterfalls. "Ich hasse dich Viktor..." Mikaela then mumbled to herself, holding back the sobs that now also threatened to escape her lips. "ICH HASSE DICH, VERDAMMTE SCHEISSE!" She then yelled, before fully breaking out in tears and sobs.

Mikaela sat up, pulling her knees to her chest, crying her heart out. She hated him. She loved him, but she hated him. That's something she couldn't deny anymore – the fact that she loved him. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't.

It felt like an eternity, until Mikaela finally managed to get to her feet and leave the rink, the tears from before mere wet stains on her cheeks. She took her skates off and stored them in her locker. Yuko was still there, this time, Takeshi was here too. They both looked at Mikaela with concern, but she didn't notice.