XI

XI

Later in the evening, Mikaela headed back to the hotel with the rest of team Russia and Yuuri. Mikaela was still first place after the short program, but that would probably change in the following day during the free programs.

As they waited in the lobby in front of the elevators, Mikaela tried her best to ignore Mila and Aleksandrina, who both wouldn't stop questioning her about her relationship to Viktor. She kept avoiding their questions, trying to change the subject, but she just wasn't capable of that.

Finally the doors of the elevator opened and out came Sara, Michele, Seung-gil and Emil. "Ah, there you are!" Mikaela then heard someone call from behind her, who she recognized as Jean Jacques. "I was wondering where you've been, come on, let's go already."

The blonde watched as the group of skaters left the elevator and headed to JJ. "Hey Mik, wanna join us?" She suddenly heard Michele ask, making her turn towards the group in slight surprise. She was surprised that they offered her to come along.

"There's this restaurant we want to try out, you should come along." JJ then quickly added with a grin, watching her. "It's fine, go enjoy yourself." Aleksandrina said with a grin while pushing her forward. As if she was unsure of what to do and Aleksandrina was her mother, who gave her the push into some unknown direction.

"Where're we headed?" Mikaela asked with a smile and immediately was dragged along.

Outside of the building then, Emil said "It's not too far away from here, so we're walking there." Mikaela only nodded and walked behind the group, feeling a little awkward, as she hadn't had much to do with them before.

"So Mik, what's going on between you and Viktor?" Michele asked from the front, to which Mikaela shrugged "I have no idea to be honest. Maybe we're dating?"

"Oh come on sweetheart, shouldn't you know what you two are after snogging around in public like that?" JJ asked her, looking back at her with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm sorry JJ that I don't know." Mikaela said and rolled her eyes in slight annoyance. Now she remembered why she disliked him so much. "Well, if he should break your heart, just know that I'm here for you, princess." He stated, making her glare at the back of his head.

'Oh you just wait; I'm so short from beating the shit out of you Leroy...' She thought to herself, sighing lowly. That's when she heard Sara say "Hey Mika, you're really going to Russia after this, huh?"

Glad that the subject finally has changed, she nodded and replied "Yakov offered me to become my coach after this. The only coach I had was during the end of my junior year and during my senior debut. A few weeks after I won the European Championships, my coach left for another skater. Since then I haven't had a coach.

"Yakov is the first to voluntarily approach me about it, so I gladly accepted. I'm glad to have a coach again. Watch your back Sara." She then jokingly said, making the others laugh – well, except of Seung-gil. She wondered if he ever laughed.

"Well, it's good to have someone new up in the ranks to compete against me." Sara said with a laugh. "It gets boring when it's always the same people competing against someone, y'know?"

"Yeah, I know." Mikaela stated, before Sara then continued to speak "You've gotten a lot better during the past few months, Mika. You actually might have a chance for the Finals."

"I always have a chance Sara. I just fail at last minute." The blonde woman replied and glanced down at her right foot. Her sprained ankle still hadn't healed completely, which was unbelievably frustrating for her. But as long as the pain didn't make her mess up her performance, everything would be fine.