XIII

XIII

Yuuri is back. He qualified for the Grand Prix Finals. He also seemed to have somewhat befriended Yuri.

Makkachin is totally fine, making Viktor of course happy and relieved.

Everyone was happy and fine. Everyone, except Mikaela.

Ever since she had heard, that the possibilities of her ever starting to skate again were unbelievably slim, depression had hit her like a damn truck and not even Marie was able to cheer her up, despite having extra come all the way to Japan to stand by her best friends side.

Mikaela had holed up in her apartment again. She barely left it. Everyday, someone would try to come and talk some sense into her, but she never gave in. And three days ago, they had then finally given up on trying to lure her out of her apartment. She was online on social media late at night, when Viktor, Yuri, Marie, Yuuri and the rest of the lot were most likely not awake anymore, to check what's going on.

A lot of headlines had caught her eye. Some new, some old. And since she had filtered it a little so she'd always receive ice skating news, she wasn't too surprised to find herself on the cover of the page, even a week after the Rostelecom Cup.

The career of Mikaela Lewis: an era come to an end?

Just a week ago, at the Rostelecom Cup, the last competition in the Grand Prix Series before the Finals, Mikaela Lewis (20) didn't appear to perform her free program. Rumors had spread quickly that she had injured herself, which her coach Yakov Feltsman (70) had then confirmed later on that day.

"Mikaela had injured herself yesterday evening, as she went to practice a little for herself. We don't know how bad her injury is. For now, she's returned to Japan and will not be participating in upcoming events." Feltsman said, setting the whole figure skating community off in wonder. We had also asked her close friend, Yuuri Katsuki (24), an upcoming skater in the men's section.

"Mika has a strong personality. I'm sure she'll get through this injury and will be standing on the ice again very soon. I have faith in her, just like a lot of us have."

It's great that her coach and friends have faith in her, but where has she been the past days? Nobody has seen a sign of her, making many wonder and worry. The Mikaela we know wouldn't hide herself like this without a life sign. Is the injury so bad that her career has to come to an end?

A reporter overheard people who are close to Lewis talk about the injury, and about the possibility, of her never being able to skate again. If this is true, then this will most likely be the end of an era where we have been blessed by her unique style of skating.

All we can do now is to just wait and see what happens.

Mikaela sighed and turned her phone off, placing it on the table beside her bed. She felt exhausted, even though she did nothing. The only things she did was take painkillers and sleep and eat and of course some other things, but that's about it. She stayed in bed nearly the whole day and did nearly nothing. She only listened to music. This was one of the worst depressive phases she has gone through yet.

But Mikaela didn't hate it. She had enough time to think now. But about what? There was nothing she could possibly think about without bursting out into non-existent tears. In the past week Mikaela had cried so much, there was like nothing left of tears to shed.

She hated herself for being so pathetic. She was unbelievably pathetic at the moment, and maybe that's why nobody visited her. A sigh left the woman's lips as she slowly sat up, when her phone rang. It would've only been a matter of time... Mikaela thought to herself, as she then decided to pick up.

"Hello?" She asked tiredly and was quickly greeted with a sigh of relief "Thank god, you've picked up! When I heard that you haven't left your apartment in the past few days, I just had to try and call you." Christophe. Of course he'd call sooner or later.

"Before you say anything else, please open your front door." Christophe said. Mikaela in return frowned at her phone, before she decided to do something — for once, at least. She left her phone on her bed as she headed to the door with her crutches. And opening it, she was met by Christophe and Makkachin.

"Wha-" she couldn't even finish her sentence, as Christophe quickly embraced her tightly, Makkachin rubbing his head against her uninjured leg. "I'm so sorry Mika..." Christophe whispered, as the blonde slowly wrapped her arms around the taller blonde. "I should be sorry...what are you doing here, anyways?" Mikaela quietly asked him, not letting go.

"I had to see you." Was his simple response. "Also, I'm Kidnapping you now and you won't be able to protest." "Chris, no...I'm not in the mood of leaving~" "You will come with me. You can't stay in here forever." Christophe sternly replied and let go of her, handing her her crutches, before saying "Get your phone and keys, we're going on a trip."

With a sigh, Mikaela turned around and headed back inside. She should've just closed the door straight or way — or not have answered her phone. There were so many things in the moment that she shouldn't have done but had done anyways. She really was pathetic.

Christophe gave the shorter blonde a smile as he laid an arm around her shoulders, leading the way. "You know, I've heard that your best friend also came here." Christophe began, but Mikaela quickly said "Chris, I can also turn around again and go back. I'm not in the mood for anything at the moment, so let me sulk in silence for myself on the way to wherever you want to take me to, okay?"

Christophe chuckled softly and then said nothing, he didn't want to ruin her mood even more before they were at their destined place.

And oh how Mikaela wanted to turn around again. Hasetsu Ice Castle. The place she had actually dreaded to go to. Especially since she wasn't sure if she'd ever be able to skate again. "Are you serious?" Mikaela asked Christophe. If she had tears left, they'd already be running.

"Please come in with me, there's something you have to see." Christophe said pleadingly, giving Mikaela a look of hope. She had to agree.

-

"Are you sure this'll work?" Viktor asked Marie, both of them glancing to the doors of the rink occasionally. "I'm positive it will! Christophe texted me earlier that he managed to get Mika out of the house. I bet they'll be here any second now." Marie said and looked at the taller male in front of her.

"Now shush, skate around a little or do whatever you skaters do." The woman then replied, shooing him off, as Viktor then complied and skated around the rink a little, warming up some more, practicing his jumps a little.

He, Marie, Christophe and Yuuri had come to the idea to make Viktor skate for Mikaela to cheer her up. Marie had told them that she would always watch videos of Viktor skating online if she was sad to cheer her up, so they though that that would work now too.

-

"Mika, pleas-" Christophe began, but the shorter blonde had already begun to storm off. "I said leave me alone, how hard is it to understand that?!" Mikaela yelled at him, crossing the street, her sight blinded by tears.

"Mika, watch out!" Those were the last words she heard Christophe yell, before his words were drowned out by the honking of a car.

Then, everything went black.