Chapter 17

Jake's P.O.V

3 months later

Blaire still hasn't woken up but I never stopped visiting her. Each day after school I'd go to the hospital and visit her. School was out and I was on my way to the hospital. When I came there I nodded to the receptionist. She knew me cause I always came here so she just let me go. I walked to her room and opened the door. I saw Max sitting there talking and crying. He looked at me and nodded his head and I did the same.

"Hey" he said. His voice sounded croaked and it was because I knew he was crying.

"Hey. How you're feeling?" I asked

"I'm okay. I still have pain but nothing that the medication can't fix"he replied and shrugged.

"Oh okay man" I replied not knowing what to say

"Listen I'm sorry for punching you that day. I was just pissed that someone hurt my little sister" he said

"Its okay I understand" I said and smiled weakly at him

"Its just that after the party incident where Jacob nearly killed her, I vowed to myself that I'd protect her no matter what" he replied and I saw his eyes glisten.

"Hey man its okay really. She's going to be okay. She's a strong fighter" I said

"Yeah I know. I just don't want to lose her Jake. She got an amazing voice and I want her to live her dream." He said

"I'd love to hear her voice as soon as she wakes up" I said

Suddenly the heart beat monitor kept on beeping and it went faster.

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Nooo please. The doctors came rushing in and told us to wait outside. I was pacing up and down and still the doctors hadn't come back and told us how she was.

20 minutes later

50 minutes later

The doctors came and told us "We've stabilized her and she will be alright. We'll just keep an eye on her 24/7" he replied and left again

We went back into the room and there she was. I took her one hand in mine and her brother did the same with her other hand.

"Please wake up Blaire. We miss you a lot" I said and Max nodded his head while letting his tears slip.

We prayed together and soon Max fell asleep in the chair. Soon after him I also fell asleep.

~after a few hours~

Suddenly I felt movement of a hand. I jolted awake and was surprised to see Max also awake and wide-eyed. We both looked at Blaire and gulped. She grabbed our hands tight and finally we heard the voice we've been longing to hear.

"Max" she replied and her voice was hoarsed.

Then she opened her beautiful brown eyes. I immediately called the doctors and they came in and did some tests while we waited outside.

After they were done we could go back in. We went in and Max hugged her but was careful because of her broken ribs.

"You scared the shit out of me baby sis. I thought I lost you" he said while crying

"You'll never lose me Maxy" she said and kissed his forehead

"Blaire?" I said my voice soft

She couldn't turn so I walked up to her. Her eyes widened and she looked at me

"J-Jake" she said

"Yeah princess it's me" I replied

"What are you doing here?" She asked confused

Before I could reply her brother beat me to it

"He was here every day since the accident. He never left your side baby sis" he said and smiled at me

"How long was I out?" She asked

"3 months. 3 whole months Blaire. I never slept because I was always thinking of you. You were always on my mind and I missed you so damn much" I said as a tear slipped .

***************************************************************