Chapter 7 - False Hope.

Hazel's P.O.V.

It was now dark outside, and it was hard to see anything. I don't think I've ever ran so fast in my entire life. Lucy's tight grip on my hand was starting to make it go numb, but I didn't care. I had to find my brother and Edmund.

Mr. Beaver quickly lead us through the woods, and we all tried our best to keep up with him. Peter was farther than the rest of us since he had longer legs. He reached out for my hand and pulled along with him, which left Lucy holding my other hand and struggling to keep up with us.

"Hurry!" Peter said to Susan, Lucy, and I.

When we got to the top of the hill, Mr. Beaver came to a complete stop, which made the rest of us stop quickly. I ran into Peter when I stopped, and he grabbed my arm to prevent me from going any further. My eyes widened at the site, and I immediately recognized it.

This was the Witch's castle. This is where I was born and raised by my so called "mother."

In between the two hills was a large ice castle. The light from the small windows and the reflection of the moon and stars that glistened from the ice made it easy to see.

Tears started forming in my eyes when I realized that the beavers were telling the truth. I really was from here. I couldn't remember what happened while I was here, but I remembered the castle very well.

Peter slipped his hand in mine for comfort, but I couldn't bring myself to look at him. My eyes couldn't tear away from the castle. I saw the front doors of the castle open and I saw two small figures right in front of the entrance. My hand flew up to my mouth when I realized that it was Marcel and Edmund.

"Edmund! Marcel!" Lucy shouted loudly.

"Sh! They'll hear you!" Mr. Beaver whispered to Lucy.

Peter let go of my hand and started to charge towards the castle.

"No!" Mr. Beaver and I shouted. He jumped in front of him as I ran forward and grabbed his arm with both of my hands. I knew that it was too dangerous for any of us to go in there. The more I saw the castle, the more I started to remember.

"We can't just let them go!" Susan said to Mr. Beaver.

"They're our brothers!" Lucy exclaimed as I pulled Peter back slowly.

"They're the bait! The witch wants all six of you!" Mr. Beaver said to us.

"Why?" Peter asked him.

"She wants Marcel and I for her army." I whispered quietly.

"And she'll stop the prophecy from coming true! She'll kill you!" Mr. Beaver exclaimed.

We all looked back towards the castle, and we saw the door closing behind Marcel and Edmund. Tears started building in my eyes just thinking about what the witch would do to them. When my grip tightened on Peter's arm, he gazed down at me with worry.

"This is all your fault!" Susan said to Peter, and he quickly turned towards her.

"My fault?!" Peter asked her surprised.

"None of this would've happened if you would have just listened to me in the first place!" Susan yelled at him.

"So you knew this would happen?" Peter asked her angrily.