Chapter 6

Chris POV

-----

I ran and ran and ran until I possibly couldn't any longer.

"I... Have... To... Stop..." I breathed, exhausted. "Need... To... Sit..."

The man I was following rolled her eyes as I sat on some random rocks. 

"You have two minutes before I start running once more, with or without you." He said.

I finally had enough energy to speak again. "So, I still don't know what's going on. Care to tell me?"

He rolled her eyes once more. "My name is Aeidion. The girl we are after is my neive neice, which I have explained before. She is chasing monsters called Wyrdhounds, even though they look like black gremlins. The monsters are going to kill her."

Him and the leopard/lady raised their eyebrows, waiting for my response to his mini rant.

"Cool." I said.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes again. "Cool? Cool? How is something this important cool?"

I shrugged. "It's sick. Awesome. Do you need me to use the term radical?" It was my turn to laugh and roll my eyes. "Listen dude, or Aedion. I can promise that I've been through and seen so much worse than that. So this is a piece of cake."

"Really?" He asked. "Have you seen something as easy and simple as this?" 

He pointed to his wife.

I watched as the woman changed into a girl, who looked strangely like Vanessa. She had brown hair, and her eyes were a brilliant green. Her paws had turned into hands, and those hands had five beautiful black polish designs on them.

I blinked. "I suppose I can trust you."

I started walking. 

"Where are you going?" The Vanessa look-alike said, already changing into the first girl I had seen her as.

I looked over my shoulder. "To save Vanessa, of course. With, or without you."