25: Alcatraz

Inspired by Season 9, EP 8: Alcatraz

Ever since Leah learned about the next lockdown she could not hold in her excitement, she was ready to go right at that second! But unfortunately, she had to wait a few weeks while preparations took place, while she waited she would lock herself up in their walk-in closet and watch countless videos and read countless articles on the hauntings and legends of San Francisco's Hell fortress just making her more eager to go AT THAT SECOND! For the next few weeks, the excitement in her brain kept her from sleeping, she always wanted to go to Alcatraz since she got into true crime and hauntings, and to finally have the opportunity to go. There are not enough pinches that will wake her up from this dream!

The day finally came and they were only a few miles away from the iconic prison by boat. Today in San Francisco was gloomy, foggy, and muggy, the atmosphere felt thick and the air smelt like rain as dark clouds came flying through the sky. "How do you feel Leah?" Aaron, rolling one of their cameras, asks while filming her "We are so close!"

"I'm so excited I'm shaking" She laughed hugging herself "Shaking from excitement or its cold out here"

"We're surrounded by freezing water girl, bundle up!"

"Yeah" She giggled looking around the boat and looking at the water the boat drove over, she shoved her hands in her leather jacket pockets and the best friends walked to the front of the boat.

From her right, Leah saw a body standing next to her and looked ahead of them. "What are you thinking?" Zak's voice came through and a smile formed on her face.

"I don't know, I never thought I'd get to this point, but I'm so excited to see what we find here tonight."

"I'm excited as well, I've always had Alcatraz on my radar because it's what the fans always suggest, but when you brought it up it just felt right, there is something about this place that is just...different...from any other place we've been to before."

"I know what you're saying, I feel it too."

"You do?"

"Yeah it's like–"

"HEY, GUYS! THERE IT IS!" Aaron shouts pointing to the direction to their left, and there it was, the iconic Hell Prison Fortress floating above the water covered in the fog while showing lights through the fog from their windows. "THATS AWESOME!" Aaron shouts in awe, as were the rest of the crew, in absolute awe.

Leah was starstruck seeing this place just a mile ahead of her, it looked so much bigger than it did in pictures and articles. Seeing this place in person felt so different, but a good difference because pictures didn't give the prison's morbid beauty justice. It's the same as seeing the Titanic in person because the movie wouldn't give the ship's beauty justice, or pictures wouldn't give justice to the iconic Statue of Liberty.

The boat drove them closer and closer to the prison and each foot closer they got Leah could feel her starstruck chest just beat faster and faster. Finally, it's happening!

Arriving at the prison's dock the boat parks in place and the crew gets off the boat, Zak gets off first and turns his body sideways and he grabs both Leah's hands and he helps her off the boat. After collecting all of their equipment they make their way to the prison where interviews will be taking place.

After the interviews and the walk-through of the whole prison, the crew spent the rest of the daylight setting up the nerve center, making sure all the monitors were running and all their equipment were fully charged.

"Aaron!" Leah said walking to Aaron's way as he was putting fully charged batteries into their equipment

"What's up, girl?"