Chapter 1-Tris

I wake up in Tobias' apartment.I ruffle around the sheets next to me,feeling for the warmth of his body.But all I feel is cold. He must have left for work in the control room already,since the initiates don't arrive until tommorow.As I feel under the pillow for my shirt,I feel a piece of paper.

Dear VI
Work calls. I've taken enough time off,sadly.Christina will be barging in in about 10 seconds because Zeke is holding a party tonight.I'll see you there.
                            Love,IV

As Tobias predicted,Christina nearly kicks down the door as I shove the note under my pillow and toss my shirt on.

"Zeke is holding a party tonight.You're going,and I'm going to help you get ready" She says,all in one breath. There hasn't been a party held since Al's death,and God know how many new ideas Uriah's come up with by now.

"What are we doing this time?" I ask Christina.Candor or Dauntless is my particular favorite,would you rather is another good one.

"Zeke ruled out spin the bottle, the pansycake probably doesn't want anyone kissing his girl. I would bet on C or D" She replies, while digging through my closet.My closet,because Four uses a dresser,and most of my stuff is here anyway.I haven't slept in my apartment in weeks.

"Tris you literally have no clothes."
"We are not going shopping.And I do have clothes by the way"

  "Shopping.Make-up.Bras..."

  "CHRISTINA"

   "Come on...for Four." She replies bluntly.

  "Four doesn't care about that stuff,you know that full well."
We end up going anyway. It takes until 3 o'clock which since we left has been 6 hours of shopping. I call it excessive, she calls it short.

We arrive back to my apartment with me almost toppling over with so many bags in my hands and on my arms.She pucks out my outfit,with slick black tights under my slightly lighter jeans,with a black Cami,crop top and leather jacket.

  Christina spends what seems like years on my make-up, using the while tube of eyeliner.A smokey eye and red lipstick later its already 8:45 and we head to Zeke's apartment.