Chapter 3-Tris

"You are getting over your worst fear.The one you cant get over no matter how much you try." Will's words hit me like knife blades,and I try not to cry rivers.

"Don't make her do this,Will." Tobias objects.Of course he does.I want nothing more than for this to stop.To get over my fear.But I can't do it here.Intimacy is the one fear I can't do anything about.I can fight crows.I can stop myself from drowning.Even though I call myself six,I'm truly not.I am seven.I keep battling the tears,wanting to stop.But I just can't.

"Her fear can't be that bad,can it?" Uriah asks

  Tobias leans down to my face,and whispers "Do you want to tell them?They won't make fun of you.I'll knock them dead if they do,you know that." I hesitate.Then nod.They have a right to know their friends fear,even the worst of the worst.

"I'm afraid of...intamacy,sex whatever you would call it.It's a stupid fear,and I want to get over it.But I can't."I say,my strong voice apparent but my weak one too.In my mind they start laughing,but they don't.

"Tris,we aren't going to make you do anything.But that means gone with your jacket."Will has the forgiving side. Not usually an Erudite trait.

I toss off my jacket and dry my tear,or what's left of it anyway.Tobias gives me a quick kiss as I turn to him.

"Four..Candor or Dauntless?"

  "Dauntless.Do you need to ask?"

  "I dare you to call my brother and tell him I'm pregnant."

"Tris...". Tobias fidgets,then takes off his shirt."No way am I going to be interrupted by your brother in the middle of the night while we're kissing AGAIN!"

"FOUR"

  "It happened..." He protests

I smile and kiss him again.I don't wish I was back home now.Where ever Tobias is,I want to be.