4

"Wow Troye are these what you've made?" Jacob gasps, standing up from the work table and approaching the mannequins.

Troye watches for a moment as Jacob circles them, his mouth hanging open slightly and his eyebrows raised. His long fingers brush at the collar of the peacoat, he bends down to get a better look at the jeans. He tests the knit of the cowel neck sweater against the back of his hand, lets out a little 'wow' as he thumbs the detailing on the hips of the tweed trousers.

"Troye," he murmurs, straightening up and circling round the back of the mannequins, "I mean, I figured you were good but wow."

Troye is sure he must be an unpleasant scarlet colour as he stands up, "thanks," he says with a shy smile.

"I love herringbone," Jacob mumbles more to himself as he lifts the sweater to look at the waistband of the trousers.

"Didn't figure you for the type of guy who'd be able to distinguish between tweed patterns," Troye says, unable to keep the surprise out of his voice.

Jacob looks up and shrugs sheepishly, "I like fashion," he admits, moving on to the jeans, "every year I save up and take my sister to the Burberry winter show for her birthday."

"Wow, thats really sweet of you," Troye says quietly.

Jacob chuckles, "well its not like I can get us front row or anything and it's a bit selfish because I love it as much as her."

"No, it's really sweet," Troye states, "I feel like I've misjudged you, I took you as more of a casual dresser."

"Nice clothes are expensive," Jacob shrugs, "but I can clean up well when I have to," he adds playfully.

Troye laughs, "yeah, I don't doubt that," he says easily.

Jacob looks up with a very distinct blush on his cheeks and grins bashfully. Troye thinks it's adorable. He watches as Jacob wanders over to the other mannequins on the other side of the work table, taking in the gown and cocktail dress.

"Are these yours too?" Jacob asks.

"Yeah I've got seven women's looks as well," Troye replies, "my friends Hannah and Sadie are wearing them for me."

"You're so talented," Jacob says.

"Thank you Jacob," Troye says shyly, "I'm glad you like what you're going to have to wear."

Jacob laughs, "everything you've made is something I'd buy if I saw it in a shop," he says sincerely as he circles back to the three mens outfits.

Troye smiles, "they're going to look great on you," he says.

"I hope so. I'm a little nervous to be honest," Jacob frowns, going back for a sip of his coffee.

"Nervous of what?" Troye asks.

"I'm kind of knock-kneed, I don't want to fall on my face on the runway or whatever and blow it," Jacob says softly, avoiding Troye eyes by taking a bite of his scone.

"Well I don't see that happening but if it does I promise I won't be mad," Troye replies playfully.

He's rewarded with Jacob's lopsided grin, "okay thanks," he laughs.

"No worries," Troye smiles.

Jacob's eyes linger on Troye for a moment and Troye' linger on Jacob, taking in the bow that his top lip forms, the long thick eyelashes, the darker ring of green circling the hazel colour of his iris. Jacob blushes and looks away first and it makes Troye a little curious.

"You never told me what you're in school for," Troye says, having to hop up a little to get onto his stool.

Jacob sits down easily on his stool, "I'm a science major, so my course load is just boring science classes, like chem, bio, physics. I haven't decided what I want to do yet but a Bachelor of Science is pretty much good for anything," he shrugs.