9

"Tro, you've got to wake up now if you want time to have a shower, if we're late for Tyler's game he'll kill us," Caspar says gently, rubbing Troye' shoulder.

Troye groans and rolls over, looking blearily up at Caspar, "not gonna shower, come snuggle with me for an extra half an hour and I'll throw on a beanie?" he asks.

Caspar smiles like he was hoping Troye would say that and pulls back the covers to climb in. Troye wore a cozy old jumper and some flannel pyjamas to bed, but even with his heavy duvet he's still cold when Caspar scoops him into his arms. Caspar hisses a little when Troye slips his freezing feet up the cuffs of Caspar's jeans but he just holds him closer.

"You're so fucking cold Troye," Caspar says and Troye can hear the frown in his voice.

Troye doesn't reply, just snuggles closer and shuts his eyes while Caspar draws patterns on his back. He dozes off a little, comfortable and warm beside his best friend. He had heard Tyler up early running the blender for his protein shake. He's always been a morning person and Troye knows he's probably tidied the house and done their laundry already. He's left to go do whatever their team does before games, Troye and Caspar will only get to see him for a minute before the game starts.

"Alright, we should head out," Caspar sighs, too soon for Troye liking.

"I don't even know why they are having a football game when there is frost on the ground," Troye grumbles into Caspar's shoulder.

"Stop whining, it's the championship match," Caspar says but Troye can hear the smile in his voice, "last one till spring."

Troye lets out a groan and rolls out of Caspar's embrace, stretching until all his joints have given a satisfying crack. He pushes himself up and rubs his eyes, clearing the morning scratchiness out of his throat. Caspar sits up and smiles fondly at Troye, even though Troye knows he must look like a mess. Caspar is fully dressed and his quiff is immaculate as usual. The thing Troye loves most about Caspar are his eyes; a beautiful light blue, much nicer than Troyes' own blue eyes. They're beautiful but they're also so kind.

Troye has a thing for kind eyes. He has always said the reason he chose Tyler to be his best friend on their first day of class in first grade was because Tyler had the kindest eyes he'd ever seen. Tyler's are dark and also blue, but so warm and Troye just knew he could trust him. It's the same reason he chose Caspar on their first day of college. Even though Caspar was quiet and Troye was loud, Troye took one look in Caspar's eyes and knew he could trust him too. Tyler was a little hesitant of Caspar at first, because Tyler had always been the centre of Troye attention and then Caspar came along and clicked with Troye so quickly. Troye has always had a lot of love to give though, and Tyler quickly realized there was room enough for both of them.

Troye stumbles out of bed and to the closet, deciding on a pair of jeans and a creamy white cable knit sweater. Caspar has wandered off to the kitchen but Troye closes his door, just to be sure, before stripping and yanking his clothes on. He gabs his grey beanie with the pompom at the back and brings it with him to the bathroom. He brushes his teeth and washes his face, only looking in the mirror to run a brush through his hair and arrange his curly fringe under his hat.

Troye goes to the front hall closet and pulls on a massively oversized jean jacket. Caspar hands him a pair of gloves and pulls on his own leather jacket and gloves. Troye leads the way down to his car and he starts it and plugs in his iPhone, trying to keep his teeth chattering to a minimum as they wait for the car to warm up.

"Since when do you listen to The Kooks?" Caspar asks as the music thrums through the car.

"Oh, Jacob made me a playlist," Troye says as he looks over his shoulder to back out of the parking stall.