Chapter 3 -The Date

"It's just a bad day, not a bad life."

RILEY'S POV

What should I wear? I thought as the time flew by. I've been searching for something to wear for almost half an hour now, and most of my clothes were on my bed.

Seriously? You're going to his house to study!! Not for a date, just wear something casual, if you don't want him to think your a freak. Said my smart subconscious.

After battling with my brain for what felt like hours, I settled for ice blue jeans and a gray sequin t-shirt. I let my hair down, applied some mascara and wore my favourite converse.

When I went down stairs, my mom was in the living room watching a movie. I gave her a quick hug.

"I'll be back before it's too late, okay? I'm going to a friend's house to study."

"Just be safe and have fun."

I went outside and headed to Andrew's house. It was a fifteen minutes walk.

While walking, I started thinking about me and him. I imagined the possibilities of things that could happen tonight. There's a possibility that he might even ask me out!

Suddenly I felt so excited. I mean, what if he does?

Soon I found my self lost in dreamland. I was planning our dates and started thinking what would happen if he did ask me to go on a date tonight.

I would surely say yess..

I was too lost in thoughts to notice the dark clouds that had formed in the sky. The cold drops of water that splashed onto my skin woke me up from my dreaming.

Before I knew it, I was soaking wet. I didnt think to bring an umbrella or my rain coat. When I mad it to Andrew's house, I looked like I went for a swim fully clothed.

I walked up to his door step.

I took a deep breathe and rang the bell.

I could hear a pair of feet walking to the door. I quickly to a peek at myself in the reflection of the front window . Holyshit! There was a raccoon staring back at me !

There was no running away now that I had rung the bell and it was raining heavily. So I just stood there not knowing what to do about the faded mascara when the door opened.

-END OF CHAPTER THREE-