Chapter 10 / caught

A/N Play the song now
ANDREW'S POV

Well it's been two weeks since basketball ended. My team was the champions. That's mostly all I've been thinking about lately. I've been made captain of the school team and also got an offer to play for one of the most popular clubs around here.

Life's good.

I smiled as I made my way to the lockers in the changing room. Two hours of practice, so fcking tired.

I was just putting my stuff in the locker when the doors to the court opened and the girl's team started filing out. Damn girls are loud.

" He asked me out to go on a date!!"

"OMG!! You've waited for this for like, forever!"

"Bye Riley! See ya!"

Riley. The one name that triggers me. It's not because I think she is a bad person or anything. She is one of the nicest girls I know. Not to mention the prettiest. And yeah, I do like her a lot. I was so excited when we started hitting it off.

But now..

Okay, I know I'm the one who pushed her away. But I had my reasons. For one thing, I'm the kind of guy who likes to have my girl to myself ( if you know what I mean ) I've heard so many rumors about Riley. But I didn't believe them until I saw it myself. Because there are rumors about every popular human being in every bloody high school.

I know I've been busy and haven't been giving her much time myself, but that doesn't mean she has to go and hang out with Adam. I don't mind if she hangs out with him. But all the time? Every time I see either of them, the other one would be right there. I tried really hard not to show my annoyance.

And the way Adam looks at her.. I've known Adam since we were in kindergarten. The way he looks at her is making me feel as if something is happening there. It might be one sided, but that didn't ease my jealousy.

The final blow was that day during the tournament when Riley came to the stadium with Adam. I was hanging out with one of my team mates. We watched them walk in and he asked me if Riley and Adam were together. That was the last straw.

I said everything I wanna say at Riley and blocked her from all the social media. I don't have time to listen to her goddamn excuses.

The first few days I felt as though I've done the right thing. I don't need some girl playing with me. Pfft.

But after a few days I have to admit I started having second thoughts. I missed her. Maybe I was just being too jealous. Maybe there is nothing going on between Adam and Riley. After all, he was crazy for Emma. And he doesn't go off as the kind of guy who'd go for his all time crush's best friend.

These thoughts have been roaming around in my head for a while. But I didn't do anything about it. I waited to see if she'd come to me and try to talk. Should have known that won't happen, because every time she saw me, she's been turning away.

My head was still over flowing of Riley as I walked into the court to see if anyone was in there. There was nothing in there except an abandoned ball. Someone must have dropped it. I should probably return it to the shed.

I'll talk to her in person. I decided as I picked it up and started walking towards the equipment shed.

I was just a few inches from the door when I heard movement inside the shed. The fuck could that be? I opened the door as slowly and silently as possible and peered inside.

What I saw inside made me wanna break something. It'd have been better if I hadn't seen it. But if I hadn't, I wouldn't have known the truth about the rumors. I'd have talked to that bitch and tried to get her back.

Well I'm not doing either of that now.

I closed the door silently and walked out of there before they saw me. I don't care even if they did see me, but I'd prefer if they didn't.

I seriously need to get over this girl. Because this shit is totally messing with my head.

No wonder she didn't try to talk to me. She's already replaced me with the most popular guy in the whole school.

-END OF CHAPTER TEN-

Here's a new Andrew as well. :)