Chapter 4 - Zombie in the house

RILEY'S POV

I stood there frozen on the spot, waiting for the humiliation of my crush seeing me in this state. What else could I do? There was no way I could get this shit off my face unless I was Hermione. But too bad for me, I'm just a muggle.

When the door knob turned, a thousand explanations were churning in my head. I was waiting to see Andrew's taken back face, but to my surprise (and relief) , the door was opened by a little girl.

From the look of it, she couldn't be older than four.

After opening the door, she stood there staring at me for what felt like hours, finally I smiled at her and started to say "Hi I'm-"

But before I could finish, she gave a deafening scream and ran into the house screaming

"THERE'S A ZOMBIE STANDING AT THE DOOR STEP! ZOMBIE COMING INTO THE HOUSEE!!"

Dear lord can thi so get anymore humiliating? I don't think I've ever been more humiliated in my entire life. How am I supposed to get Andrew to like me now? He's probably gonna laugh his ass off and tell the whole school about it, or post a picture of my zombie/raccoon face on Instagram or something.

Thinking positive, if he does post a picture of me, that'd still be him posting a picture of ME, even if I do look like I'm dressed up for Halloween..

I was too busy counting the pros of the situation, and didn't really notice Andrew until he said " Woah " and gave a chuckle.

I thought he was gonna start taking pictures and teasing me eventually, but he didn't. Instead he invited me to come inside and gave me some Kleenex.

Boy, was I relieved he didn't make fun of me. That's why he's perfect,  I thought.

When my face was mascara free, we headed upstairs to his room. By then he had calmed his little sister, whose name was Amanda, by the way.

Now that she was not screaming, she was very adorable.

In his room, we started working on the project. While working he told me about Sydney, the place he lived before he moved here.

He is really fun to talk to, thankgod. Awkward silences are the worst.

Even if he talked about cows, you'd still be fascinated, Riley. Said my subconscious as she rolled her eyes.

After two and half hours of laughing and writing, we finally completed the project. When he took me to the front door, it was still raining cats and dogs, so he offered to drop me home and obviously, I said yes.

" I'll see you at school Riley, I had a great time tonight."

"Thanks, me too."

I literally skipped up to my room, woah that went well.

-END OF CHAPTER FOUR-