Ch. 1 new patient

"Alright, then I hope you have a great rest of your life, miss Warner, and take good care of him, he can sometimes still zone out a bit, but that'll disappear after like two weeks, okay" I explain to the mother of my last patient. The woman nods with a bright smile, and stands up from her seat to shake my hand. "Thanks again, doctor" she says. I breathe a chuckle and open my office door, letting her walk out, "no problem, miss. This is what I do" I tell her. After like five years of treating her son, I finally have rest. Don't get me wrong, he was a sweet boy, and I always had fun with him, but it was quite a tough one, though that's what I like to do. I sit down at my desk again, and fill in papers about clients that left the building, including miss Warner's son. Then I hear a few knocks on my door. I lay my pen on the side, "come in" I say sweetly while putting my papers on a neat pile. My colleague, Chris, walks in with a document in his hand, "doctor, I have a new patient for you" he tells me, handing me the document. "He's all yours, just a warning, he has been to like five places, but none of them could help him. Not even a little." He explains. I breathe a chuckle and look up at him, giving him a nod, "I don't give up that easily" I tell him. Chris smiles uneasy, "he's placed in room five-twenty eight. If you could just write that down, then the document is completed" he explains to me. I give him a nod, "thank you, Chris" I say, watching him walk out of my office, closing the door behind him. I open the document and first look at the picture. I see quite a handsome guy, looking kind of asian, a little longer hair, but not so long that is actually hangs down. His hair is pitch black and looks very soft. I look at his name, "Mark Edward Fishbach" I read out loud, "born, ninety eighty nine, five twenty eight, so that is twenty seven years old. And he was placed in room five twenty eight? What a coincidence" I chuckle slightly, writing the room number down on the place where it has to be.

"Let's see....is schizophrenic, has an unknown amount of  personalities? Well then, this could get interesting" I mumble to myself. "Names of other personalities....unknown?! Well, I'm gonna find out soon! At least I hope" I was feeling a little bit nervous of meeting this person reading the next few things, "has murdered a husband and wife, their baby, dog and neighbor, and a police officer. Once claimed to be a senior reporter, all this while wearing a pink mustache?!" I gulp and read on, "has threatened people while wearing a white tie?" I raise one eyebrow. Good thing is that this place is secured the best of the whole world. Who knows what he will do when I visit him. I search on my computer for access for the two cameras of room five two eighth, because then I can study his behavior every time after I visit him. I decide to start my lunch, so I grab my sandwich out of my drawer. I'm the best, hardest working doctor in this building, so I think I deserve a little break from time to time. I lay my legs on my desk and lower myself while I take another look at Mark's document and his pictures. I shake my head, "such a shame a man like that needs to be schizophrenic...." I mumble to myself before taking another bite.

When I finish my lunch, and throw my small plastic bag away. "Well, Mark E. Fishbach, here I come" I say quietly to myself as I stand up and walk out of my office with a clipboard and a pen. I walking into a hallway with the best secured rooms. I first go through a heavy door that leads to a small space with a big window and another door. Behind the window I see my new patient sitting on the bed. It's a special window where I can only see him, he can't see me. If I go through the door next to the window, I will enter his room. There is a small table for two in the room where I can try to have a normal conversation with mister Fishbach. I study him for a little while and wait for him to do something. Mark just stares blankly at the ground, as if he's waiting for someone to enter the room. As if he knows he's being watched. On the paper on my clipboard, I write down the date of Mark's arrival, so the date of today, and his behavior. I take a a deep breath and walk to the door that will let me go into Mark's room.

I open the door, and immediately Mark's head shoots up. I close the door behind me and smile sweetly at him, telling him it's okay. I grab a chair from the table for two persons and sit down in front of him. Mark is just looking at me with a blank expression. "Good day there, mister Fishbach. I'm your new doctor!" I introduce myself sweetly. Mark sighs "I'm Mark" he simply says. I act as if I don't know Mark has multiple personalities. "What's the matter?" I ask him, still in a sweet tone. Mark looks at my feet, "I'd prefer a male doctor, miss" he says politely. I nod once, "okay, and may I ask why?" I study where his eyes go. He looks down at his hands while he's trying to get the dirt from under his fingernails. "A female won't help them stay away" Mark replies sadly. I press my lips together and nod slowly, "who?" I simply ask. Mark looks up at me, and down at my clipboard. Or at least, somewhere in that area. "You know who" he says. "Can I get their names, mister Fishba-" "just call me Mark" he cuts me off. I clear my throat, "of course....Mark, can I have their names?" I ask again. Mark shakes his head, "you will laugh, just like the other doctors" he tells me. I breathe a chuckle, "I won't, I promise." I tell him, "and I don't make that many promises, Mark."

He lifts the corners of his mouth slightly while looking down at the ground. "You'll probably meet them later" he says. I nod again, "I see..." I write some things down on my clipboard about Mark acting mystrious about these other men he's talking about. I see Mark lifting his hands in the corner of my eyes, so I glance up at him and see him button up his flannel all the way. "Well, it was nice meeting you, Mark." I stand up. Mark looks up at me and smile slightly, "they will probably be here next time you come here" is the last thing he says before I give him a warm smile and a small nod. I gently close the door behind me, and look through the window once more. I see Mark still looking at the door as if I'm still there. I sigh and walk through the heavy, iron door. I walk back to my office and sit down, thinking about Mark. He seems like a nice guy. If I would run into him on the street I would probably grab a coffee with him. I wouldn't even think he would be schizophrenic. Though I can't wait to meet 'the others'