Guilt

Kari's POV ~

As I sat on the couch, david started moving back and forth mumbling some words or going insane.

I waited and waited until i couldn't wait no longer. "Um...mind telling me what is bothering you?"

He looked at me in surprise. Like he just noticed me. He exhaled and spoke finally "well.....actually...I have a problem and it includes......you too.." He hesitated every now and then.

"What do u mean by that...? You need to tell me everything David." I spoke to him.

"Well...the thing is....my boss....well....I got in trouble with him, and he's not happy....to put it simple....I owe him money" after he finished he looked into my eyes hoping for something.

I finally got what he said, "how much money do you owe...?? I bet we can pay it off" i suggested

"Well...I owe him...about..." He thinks for awhile and saids " about 7 million to 8 million....all in cash too..."

"Wait wait wait!! Hold up! You said what now....that much, we only make about 3 to 4 million...but more! What did you even do to him to make him that angry" I yelled at him. You see David works for the mafia, and he gets in trouble now and then,but never this much, i never met his boss face to face, but from what I heard, he is a cruel and selfish man. Well of course you are, if you are the boss then you must be cruel, but come on, this much?

"Well.......I kind of took some drugs for myself, since I didn't want to pay, i thought he wouldn't notice, but apparently he did notice" He scratched the back of his head.

"What! You did that before, why that much money for?!" I was angry now, I told ya he is a selfish man!

"Actually i also...didn't deliver the drugs right and sent it to another person,and that person informed the police, so now he is pissed at me, and he expects me to pay up.....this month" He said the last part so quite, but I heard, he better be ashamed of himself.

"Well we don't have that much money...now do we...! We have to check at the bank...we only have about 6 million or so...or maybe less because of all these dates! David!" I yelled that last part so loud I think I woke up my daughter.

"Wha...I'm sorry,I was trying to make it easy, i just wanted to make u feel nice before all this was told" He said in truth.

"Well I just wanted your love that's all I need! Don't try to make things complicated" i was stressing out now pacing back and forth.

"I'm sorry......I just wanted to show you all this world....but what are you gonna do about the money problem?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow " 'you' as in me,what do you want me to do....pay up the money...I don't think so honey" i never once told David about me having another account under someone else's name, because knowing David he likes to buy drugs and weapons so I can't trust a whole lot of him.

"Oh sorry sorry sweety! I meant US, but i guess i need to resolve this....but first, we need to sleep it out, ok?" I nodded to that request and headed up stairs.

I went to go check on my little girl. I went inside and saw her sleeping. Whispering 'we will fix this' and left, heading to the bedroom and going to my pajamas and heading to sleep.

David's POV ~

I saw kari go upstairs and stayed down there questioning my actions.

After a few mins of questions and questions I headed up stairs to change and go to sleep. I went inside and already saw my wife sleeping in our bed. I am surprised she is even sleeping with me tonight.

I smiled, changed, turned off the lights and tried to sleep.