New Beginning!

KREEYA

Next Day,

I woke up in the morning and glanced around for a watch. Holy Shit! It's 7:30. Oh God Kree! How  could you forget to put an alarm.
I quickly got up and went to the washroom to get ready. I wore a skin fitted jeans and a grey full sleeves top with peach cardigan.

I went out in the kitchen, to my surprise I see Zara all ready wearing her denim jeans with her favorite hoodie top cooking delicious pancakes with chocolate syrup. I love them so much. I missed them for a year!
I back hugged her and wished her morning.
- " Good morning Zara, How come you up so early today?"
- " Morning to you too Kree! And what do you mean by so early, I wake up early everyday!"
- " Oh really?!" I said with a look of disbelief.
- " What! Let me tell you sweetheart, I'm staying here away from home since last year and I have developed a habit of getting up early, which of course does not include weekends!"
- " Oh sorry!"
- " It's okay! Chillax. Now go and check your bag. Check if you have taken all your documents"
I have a forgetful habit which she is well aware of.

After checking all the things AGAIN I go and attack my favorite pancakes.
Yum! yum! I lick my fingers like a baby and she laughs at my childish behavior. I behave like a baby but only in front of my loved one's. In front of whom I can be myself.

After finishing my breakfast I take a final look at myself in the mirror near the kitchen wall and I walk out into the living room. I'm so excited, my first day of college. 'God bless me and stay with me.' I pray to God.
I miss home, family. I wish they could be here, near me to bless me, wish me for my new beginning.
- " You don't need to be sad Kree. You know they are always there with us and just a call away. I know how you must be feeling right now. I was in your place a year back." She said sensing my emotions,  eventually getting lost maybe remembering that day but with a happy face.
Suddenly, she puts a spoon full of curd-sugar in my mouth.
- " This is for your new journey. God bless you!"

Giving curd-sugar on the first day  is considered as a good omen for successful beginnings! 

- " Thank you. Love you!" I said with moist eyes.
- "  Kree, bend down and take my blessings!" Said Zara.A small smile playing on her lips. She said this to lighten up my mood. Oh God! What did I do to deserve this girl. I love her so much.
- " My foot. Get lost!"
- " Okay, seriously let's take God's blessings."
- " After you"
We went to the kitchen where our small little temple is placed and joined both our hands to seek lord's blessings. I asked God to give us strength and be with us throughout the journey of life. I know it's not easy to take decisions on your own, without family around but it's a choice I made which I hope not to regret.
- " Kree let's leave sweetheart. It's late, we need to do one more thing before we leave."
- " Yes!"
Zara and I rushed downstairs to our landlord's house. We rang the door bell.
- " Zara, why are we here?" I asked her in curiosity.
- " Kree if we were in Pune, we would take our elders blessings today." She said with a sweet smile.
- " True!"

Uncle Goswami opens the door.
- " Good morning Uncle Goswami!" Said Zara.
- " Good morning Uncle!"
- " Good morning young Ladies! Come on in."
We see Aaryan having breakfast on the dining table with his mother.
- " Uncle it's our first day of college! Please give us your blessings." We touched his feet in respect. He placed his hands on our head.
- " God bless you my kids! May you have a bright future and may you be successful in whatever you do in life." He said each word from his heart.

- " Uncle, tava garam hai?" Zara whispered to him.
- " Ab tak toh nahi!"
- " Aunty, first day hai college ka. Aashirwaad please" I said walking towards Mrs. Goswami with Zara following me.
- " Haan beta. Joog Joog jiyo..! Khoob tarakki karo! Sada sukhi rahi!"
- " Thank you aunty!"
- " All the best Girls!" Said Aaryan.
- " Thank you!"
- " Kreeya let's leave"
- " Hmm. Bye uncle"
- " Bye"
- " Bye beta. All the best!"
- " Thank you Uncle"