What went wrong ?

KREEYA

I stared at the beautiful view in front of me as the cool breeze hit my face, making my bun a bit lose. I wanted time to think over all these issues and the only place I could get my required space was our building terrace.

My mind was crowded with unnecessary thoughts.
This is me, I can never voice out my thoughts let them be good or bad, I just keep a neutral expression. I do have good control over my feelings. But today it feels as if my mind was powering my brain. I just wanted to let the thoughts running into my mind let out, but how? Maybe that's the negative part of my behavior.
I think I was spacing out, that's the reason I didn't hear our terrace door open.

-"Kreeya?" I turned to see Aaryan walking towards me. What is he doing here?
-"What are you doing here? It's late.." He asked me the same question which I was supposed to ask earlier. I just shrugged.
-"What's wrong?"
-"Nothing!"
-"Is something bothering you?"
-"No!" I said not looking at him. I didn't want to lie but I didn't want to tell him either.
-"So the poster thing is nothing to you?!" How does he know about it? I looked at him while he just stared at me.
-"You must be thinking. How do I know about it, right? Your friend Zeeshan had come here this afternoon looking for Zara. The way his questions were didn't give me a good feeling. So I went to your college to find posters all around the campus and none of you around. Why would someone do something like this to Zara? What revenge were they talking about? What were people talking about Kabir being related? Why didn't you call me? I would have been there for you.. for Zara. Kreeya speak up.. damn it!" He said all angry and frustrated but this was nothing compared to the anger I was feeling. Kabir and Zee were feeling.
-"I don't want to, okay?! This thing is a lot to take in Aaryan!" I sighed trying to control my self. He gave me an irritated look. I know he wanted to know but this is not the way. We both fell silent.

-"Kabir and Zee had a match days back against Siddhant's team, the person who is behind the poster thing! We won the match, everything was good until the next day when Siddhant decides to show up on our table during the lunch break. He was continuously abusing Zara and then Kabir. When Zara couldn't take it any longer, she burst. I was too numb to react. Kabir wasn't there that day and Zara defended him. The situation became worse when Siddhant tried to slap her and Zee blocked him away. She then slapped him and kicked him, he deserved it after all. The way he abused both of them was enough for me to know that this all is not about the match but maybe much more.
That day Zara was all okay, though Kabir was hell angry, he calmed down later. The next day nothing happened but I guess that's what we call Silence before Storm! And then today...." I said voicing my thoughts feeling a lump form in my throat. I was angry, a hell lot angry! I closed my eyes to calm myself and turned to look at Aaryan. He had a blank look on his face. He was continuously staring at the view. Being on one of the top buildings we indeed had a beautiful one.
He slowly turned to look at me. I don't know what emotions his eyes reflected. It was difficult to read them. I was trying to search for something in his eyes when I felt someone touch my cheek. I looked down to realize it was Aaryan trying to wipe the tears from my face.

Just then we heard someone clearing the throat. I look behind to find Kabir standing there. Aaryan slides his hand in mine and squeezed it tight.
-"What are you doing here?" Aaryan asked or more like spat.
Wait! What's going on here?
-"Kree, Zara is now sleeping. I made her eat the food. Her temperature was quite high, gave her a Paracetamol from the first aid. Please do keep a check on her, you know her nightmares? You take care of yourself, I'll leave now. Bye!" He said a bit awkward ignoring Aaryan's question.
-"Wait!" Aaryan said when Kabir was about to leave.
-"Who the hell do you think you are? How can you treat them like this? Is Zara your puppet? Is she your freaking bodyguard to defend you always? Don't you think you should be the one paying back for your own mistakes and not Zara? Today whatever she is going through is all just because of you." Aaryan said with clenched teeth.
God! He took it all wrong! What is wrong with me. Why do I even open up?!
-"Aaryan no. Listen-"
-"Kreeya you're just too good for your own self! Can't you see" he said pointing towards Kabir.
-"Aaryan just stop it you don't know anything about us!" I burst.
Sharing things with him was not the right choice.
-"Kabir.." I turned to see him staring at the ground.
-"Bye Kreeya. I came here just to inform you about Zara." He said and walked away.
I was about to go behind him when Aaryan held my wrist
-"Let him realize his mistakes!" I showed him my hand in order to tell him to be quiet.
-"You don't know anything about him Aaryan.. you don't know anything about us. I shared all that with you because I wanted to let it out. It doesn't mean you'll react and get to conclusions. No one knows what exactly we're going through right now, not even you! I am sorry, I shouldn't have..!!" I left the terrace when I heard him bang his hand on the wall but all I care about now was Zara.

I went down using the staircase and locked the main door of our apartment. I went to check Zara in her room, the side lamp was on. I switched it off and kissed her forehead.. she did have a high temperature. She wasn't my usual Zara. She was pale, fragile. I need to bring my Zara back, I cannot stand this.
I drank a glass of water and closed my bedroom door. I felt my phone vibrate on the bed stand. I went near to see Dadda's picture on the screen. Sliding the green button, I kept the phone near my ear.
-"Hey! Patlu!" Came his cheerful voice. I missed him so bad. I controlled a sob which could have escaped my mouth a long time ago.
-"Hey Kree"
-"Hey Dadda!" I tried sounding my usual self but failed miserably.
-"What's wrong?" He asked all worried.
-"Dadda, I was just sleeping!"
-"This early, don't you have a holiday tomorrow? You guys have a nice long weekend I thought you guys must be having a party!"
-" Yeah. I mean no!" I trailed off not really knowing what to speak.
-"Sweetheart, you're okay right?"
-"Yes, Dadda!"
-"Okay sweety.. you sleep. Take care, Good night!"
-"Good night Dadda"
I was thankful he didn't ask me anything. I know he didn't buy my lies either.

What's going on in our lives? I am worried about my squad. Zara, Zeeshan, Kabir... Shit Kabir!! I need to talk to him. I picked up my phone but decided against it. The first thing I'll do tomorrow morning is meet Kabir. A phone call cannot resolve this. But there is one thing I could do for him.
I called up Zee and asked if it is possible for him to be with Kabir, Zara needs me here. He hangs up the call not before assuring me that he'll be there.
I slept off thinking ways to bring the 'Squad' back.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of the main door knocking. Who could it be? I walked up to the door to open it. I expected it to be the milkman but saw the most unexpected person with a bright smile on his face. How is he here? I asked myself completely shock.

Dadda!