CHAPTER SIX

Newt carefully and slowly pushed up the lid if the suitcase. He peered around them climbed the rest of the way out. Jacob followed him, who was followed by Ella. Seeing who was there she almost crawled back in. But manning up, she climbed out and pulled her coat closer around her. She stood next to Newt, hoping to have some sort of comfort by standing by him. Looked around she caught the eye of Mr. Graves and it felt like someone had just stabbed her in the gut. He knew. She inhaled sharply.

"Scamander?" A voice chimed.

"Hello, Minister," Newt said nodding his head towards the Minister.

"Theseus Scamander? The war hero?" Another man asked.

"No, this is his younger brother." The minister corrected. "And what are you doing in New York?" He added.

"I came to buy an Appaloosa Puffskin sir," Newt said using the same excuse he did when Ella first met him.

"What are you really doing in New York." The Minister said suspiciously. The President spoke up,

"Goldstein, Who is this?"

"This is Jacob Kowalski, he is a No- Maj who got bitten by Mr. Scamander's creatures," Tina said, her voice faltering at the end. Ella looked up at the ceiling as people around her muttered things like 'Obliviate him.'

"Merlin's Beard," Newt Muttered from Beside her. He too had looked up to see the deceased body of Henry Shaw. Ella covered her mouth with her hand, covering up a gasp. She was all too familiar with the markings on the body.

"Do you know which of your creatures was responsible Mr. Scamander?" A Woman asked. Newt Examined the body closer.

"No creature did this. Not in Britain, that must have been a wizard, Look at the marks." Newt paused for a second. "That was an obscurus." He said quietly. Ella visibly tensed from beside him and Mr. Graves got just the reaction he needed to confirm what she was. Hushed whispers moved around the crowd of wizards and witches.

"Do you have something to say." The president said looking straight at Ella. Everyone focused on her.

"N-No, I'm just very surprised." Ella lied slyly. Mr. Graves narrowed his eyes at her.

"You go too far Mr. Scamander, there is no obscurial in America." the president objected. Ella pursed her lips. If only she knew.

"Impound that case, Graves!" The President ordered. The Case flew to Mr. Graves's side. Ella gave him a mean glare that he ignored.

"W-wait, no!" Newt stuttered, struggling to pull out his wand but Ella already had hers out and pointed at Mr. Graves. Newt was lifted off the ground and he writhed and tried to fire a spell.

"Arrest them!" The President ordered.

Another force pushed Ella's wand out of her hand and forced her in her knees. She yelled in surprise. She saw Newt and Tina forced to their knees next to her. Their hands were unwillingly placed behind their heads. Mr.Graves stood up with the case.

"Don't hurt those creatures," Newt begged. "Please, you don't understand, nothing in there is dangerous, nothing."

Guards had taken their place behind each of them. Ella turned her head and gave her guard a deadly glare. The guard gulped, frightened but stood his ground. He was brave, It would be a shame if she had to kill him.

"We'll be the judges about that. Take them to the cells." The President told the guards. The guard behind her roughly pulled her to her feet. Tina let out a whimper from beside her.

"Please! There is nothing in there that can hurt you! Please don't hurt them!" Newt begged as the guards pulled them out of the room. Newt writhed all the way, wanting to save his creatures more than anything.