Chapter 48

For hours, Alice slept, hindi niya alam kung gaano katagal pero nang unti-unti na siyang nagising, her eyes slowly drifted upwards into semi-darkness.

Magaan na ang kaniyang pakiramdam at nawala na ang sakit ng kaniyang ulo. She thought she would suffer from a bad case of hang-over but rather, she felt fine and lazy that the idea of getting up out of the soft comfortable bed proved to be a difficulty. Ang gusto niya lang gawin ay manatiling nakahiga, magtalukbong ng kumot at matulog buong araw.

She sighed comfortably and turned over in the bed with the intention of finding a better position. Sa halip, nanigas siya at parang hinigop lahat ng hangin sa kaniyang katawan nang makita niya si Trent. Doon lang niya na-realize kung nasaan siya pero hindi niya maalala kung paano siya nakarating sa higaan. Namula siya sa posibilidad na binuhat siya nito habang natutulog siya. Humigpit ang hawak niya sa kumot nang mapagtanto na wala na siyang ibang saplot maliban sa itim na bra at panties niya. Did he undress her?

Ohgod, aniya sa isip niya. I could just die.

Maingat na lumingon ulit siya rito. He was lying on his front right beside her with his dark head resting on the pillow next to her pillow and his wide naked shoulders glowing bronze in the soft light coming from the lamp on his side of the bed.

From being completely relaxed to the point of wonderful bonelessness, she was already in the process of tensing up when she realized he was asleep. Hinayaan niyang unti-unting mag-relax ulit ang kaniyang katawan, the tension seeping away on an inner swirl of tingling relief.

Inilibot niya ang tingin sa guwapong mukha nito. The black satin crescents of his long and curling eyelashes that she envied were resting peacefully against his high and sharp cheekbones; his mouth was relaxed, its sensual shape all the more beautiful in sleep, and his hair was ruffled, the glossy black wave gleaming in the lamp light.

Kinagat niya ang mga labi at sinuway ang sarili sa patuloy na pagtitig rito, but her curiosity won, kahit na ayaw niya ay kusang lumibot ang kaniyang mata mula sa mukha nito hanggang sa mga braso nito.

She groaned silently and berrated her self. Good lord. I'm going to burn in hell for this.

She let her eyes roam over his arms, thrown up against the pillow, the width of his shoulders and long bronzed back exposed because the duvet had slipped down low. Impit na hinila niya ang kumot hanggang sa kaniyang mga balikat, because his nakedness reminded her of her own nakedness. Well, half nakedness.

Dyusko, was he naked---as in completely naked under the blankets?

The intimacy of the situation struck like a feather across the surface of her heated skin. Siguradong kukurutin siya sa singit ng ina niya kapag nalaman nito ang umiikot sa isip niya ngayon. But that didn't stop her especially when she inhaled and picked up the warm scent of him, clean yet so irresistably male it sent the moist tip of her tongue sliding on a slow circuit of her warm lips for a reason she refused to examine. Hindi naman siguro siya nagiging manyak dahil lang nakakita siya ng hubad na katawan ng lalaki, diba?

She hoped not as she traced the skin covering the muscles she could see shaping his body. Napalunok siyang bigla nang maramdaman ang biglang panunuyo ng kaniyang lalamunan.

"Ciao," a deep, dark, slumberously warm voice murmured.

Nagulat si Alice, at agad na lumipad ang mga mata niya sa mukha nito. He was awake.

She tensed, her fingers gripping the duvet. She would have dived right out of the bed if she weren't aware that she was wearing the shearest midnight black lace bra ever made and matching panties that made a mockery of the name.